Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

QUESTION!!! (may be TMI)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

okay... i had my son 2 months ago... stopped bleeding at three weeks.... just started my period on Thurs...  i used to bleed heavy for 3 days then light for 4 then be done then do it again 28 days later... but it's really wierd casue this period i started thursday.. and it was moderately light...then for two days after that it was really heavy.. REALLY heavy, i was changing my tampon every hour... then yesterday it slowed down back to moderate... and today I pretty much dont have a period...

so yeah... like i said may be TMI but here's my question... can your cycle change after having a baby??? can it just get all thrown out of wack and make you get used to something different???

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
nemiller
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM

yeah, it might not go back to normal for awhile.  after i had my son, i didn't even have a period for 7 months, then it took almost a year after that for it to regulate.

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:34 PM

Yes. It ca cpompletely change forever &never be what it used to be, or it could take a few months to get back on track. You still have a lot of hormones going thru your body, so I would say wait 3 more months and see how it goes. 

taratt79
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:38 PM

Yes, diefinately! I had totally irregular periods before I had my daughter, after I had her they tried 3 different BC's to regulate me. Finally they said try nothing and see what happens. When I   completely stopped I was completely regular. Now my periods are starting to get irregular again, and my daughter just  turned 2 a few weeks ago! So yes, and it takes quite a while for your body to go back to normal!

mom2cindylouwho
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM

It's still early & may take a bit to get on track again.

Yes, it can change though.  Unfortunately, mine has changed for the worse - no medical reason for it to be that way (besides hormone changes, I guess), but I'm now on pain meds. because of it & I had my DD almost 3 years ago.  My Mom was the same way. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)