Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are we supposed to do?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:38 PM
  • 11 Replies

ok so DH is deployed and they arent allowed to do their own laundry because there is no where to do it, and he has only been there 2 weeks, and they have lost all of his sicks except 1 pair..he had 12 to start out with..now WE have to buy a bunch more socks and the ABU socks are REALLY expensive. I would think they would have to replace lost articles of clothing, he says they are Iraqi contractors and are not responsible for anything...Soo we have to cover whatever they lose and their uniforms are super expensive, and im just worried they will lose his blouse or pants..and since hes only been there 2 weeks they have already lost so many socks and they are almost $7 for 3 pairs..and we have to buy 12 new pairs pretty much..and I will be very mad if we have to buy $30 worth of socks every two weeks, that is just a joke..I kept asking DH if they were to lose something major if his superiors would do anything he j ust kept changing the subject..lol I know I worry way too much but I just hate wasting money on stuff, I mean we arent rich and im not trying to complain, I guess I just think its odd..and im wondering if anyone else's spouse had this issue while over there?

Mommies of Whiteman AFB, those PCSing or those who are interested in Whiteman hoping to do a base exchange

Come Join!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/WhitemanAFB

ItalianCouture7siggy-SS.gif picture by protogirl17

air forcesimple smilebaby girl 

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ajswenson
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:39 PM

???? BUMP

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:40 PM

omg i totally forgot about the bangladeshi laundry guys, lol.  i've come to pick up my laundry and found undies missing, haha.  that was only once, though.  whenever i lost socks i always went to replace them, but to be fair, both times i screwed up on the little sheet where you count how many you turn in and write it down.  so it wasn't their fault.

Italiancouture7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:43 PM

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

omg i totally forgot about the bangladeshi laundry guys, lol.  i've come to pick up my laundry and found undies missing, haha.  that was only once, though.  whenever i lost socks i always went to replace them, but to be fair, both times i screwed up on the little sheet where you count how many you turn in and write it down.  so it wasn't their fault.

hmm maybe thats what it is then..lol DH's handwriting is sooo sloppy..they probably cant read it! lol

MissAndrea125
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:46 PM

My husband is on the bed behind me, and I said "Last time you were in Iraq, did you lose your socks a lot?" He just laughed and said "Yeah why?" So I told him about this post and he said that he needs to start washing his socks in a bucket. He also said that if he lost all his socks and had to keep getting new ones, he would have had to buy them too, the army only provides so many. But he said he didn't always wear the ACU socks either. 

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:48 PM

it's possible, lol.  you know...... men... lol!  i don't know where he's at, but i was at camp taji and there we wrote our own tickets.  i hate how expensive the socks are!  ridiculous!  we're both out of active duty army now, and dh is in the national guard, he had to go buy a belt recently and it was $30!  the entire time i was in the army i wore my cheap, black initial issue belt from basic training.  

Quoting Italiancouture7:

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

hmm maybe thats what it is then..lol DH's handwriting is sooo sloppy..they probably cant read it! lol

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:50 PM

lol, the bangladeshi guys are creepy, i think.  my friend angie had a bra go missing and i had some panties get "lost".  ew!  but i feel much better knowing i wasn't the only soldier loosing crap from them.  you know what's ironic?  my shirts or pt stuff never went missing... hmmm... 

Quoting MissAndrea125:

My husband is on the bed behind me, and I said "Last time you were in Iraq, did you lose your socks a lot?" He just laughed and said "Yeah why?" So I told him about this post and he said that he needs to start washing his socks in a bucket. He also said that if he lost all his socks and had to keep getting new ones, he would have had to buy them too, the army only provides so many. But he said he didn't always wear the ACU socks either. 

Italiancouture7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM

lol they must have a thing for socks and underwear..lol

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

lol, the bangladeshi guys are creepy, i think.  my friend angie had a bra go missing and i had some panties get "lost".  ew!  but i feel much better knowing i wasn't the only soldier loosing crap from them.  you know what's ironic?  my shirts or pt stuff never went missing... hmmm... 

Quoting MissAndrea125:

Italiancouture7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

yeah I always tell DH he doesnt HAVE to wear the socks...I was like im sure u wouldnt be the only one! lol

Quoting MissAndrea125:

mrs.curtis07
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:54 PM

lol that's what i'm thinking!  foot fetishes and panty fetishes!  ewww, lol

Quoting Italiancouture7:

lol they must have a thing for socks and underwear..lol

Quoting mrs.curtis07:

Quoting MissAndrea125:

Italiancouture7
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM

thank u ladies for ur help!! hopefully DH's new socks will be safe..haha

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)