Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*Sigh* Looks like this momma's pulling an all nighter.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM
  • 4 Replies

A toddler with a stuffy nose, and a constipated one month old. Hmph. DD(3) has already been out of bed twice, once was due to the baby screaming bloody murder cause of the whole no-pooping issue, second time was because of her nose.

I don't know if it's just my kiddo's, but there is nothing more miserable to them than trying to sleep with a stuffy nose! They handle the stomach flu better than a cold, it's so weird.  

Anyhoo, I'm ready for bed :-(~   

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ajswenson
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 10:55 PM

I swear by vicks for stuffed noses.  In a humidifier if you've got or on their chest....or if they are fighters, on a rag tucked under their pillow.  Good luck, those nights are rough.  Sometimes it's just easier to put them in bed with you on those nights.  Hope morning comes quickly, and your LO's are feeling better.

sarahb007
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:00 PM

Did you try giving the little one a suppository? My Dr.  told em to give mine one and thatt age when he wouldnt go for several days.

JudeandLucy
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:06 PM

Well, it's just been one day (she pooped yesterday). The poor thing finally passed out but she wakes up for a few seconds and just whimpers :-(

And DD, I gave her some allergy medicine but so far it doesn't seem to be doing much. I'm hoping she'll get to the point of exhaustion where she just can't wake up anymore. I'm breaking out the Vicks asap!   

Quoting sarahb007:

Did you try giving the little one a suppository? My Dr.  told em to give mine one and thatt age when he wouldnt go for several days.

shayla0224
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:10 PM

I use the pedia care vapo plugs.They work great!! My lil guy is 3yrs old and he also has constipation issues....He didn't have them until a yr old when we put him on milk. I used to be able to manage it with a balancing act I would just give him as much fruit juice as milk.But that stopped doing the trick last yr...and he is on miralax now.I feel for ya they are no fun at all when they cant poop :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)