Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Our Newest Addition! *UPDATE*

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM
  • 6 Replies

We get up north (about 3 hours away) to visit my grandmother. Well she's anal about dog hair and Dogs in general, so our pooch has to be chained up in her front yard and locked up in the garage at night, No biggie until he broke his collar. So we drive into town to the Dollar General to get a new one. I park in a Handicapped spot (Jon's a disabled vet) and See a pooch in the Car next to us, And said "Awww, Hi" and waved at him. The guy rolled down the Window and Said "Do you guys want a dog?" We talked to him and He told us he Had just found him wandering in the parking lot, He's skinny, underweight, Toe nails are LONG. He's wearing tags that Say his name is DAYTON But no answer at the phone number, and the address is almost 2 hours away. And his Rabies Tag was from 2008.  He doesn't look much older than a year. But we couldn't Say NO to his face... Cutest PUREBRED pup. He's still playful. LOVES his new home. Loved us, Got right in the car. Wasn't shaking or anything. Very gentle with Avery and Our Pug Boog (We think they're about the same age)... Great dog!! We're getting him to the Vet on Tuesday for a check up...

Without Further Ado... Here's CHANCE (We thought this was a fitting name for him)

Stopped by PetSmart and got this HUGE dog bed for them to share... Looks like they don't mind sharing Huh?

We also bought DeWormer, and Ear mite stuff for his ears. And Had them Clip his nails since they were HUGE. Other than that he's Healthy besides being about 5 pounds underweight.

Also He's Very well trained. He's Gone through a course for sure. When the dogs are Playing and I say "NO" sternly, He Lays down and Submisses to me by laying over. He knows I own him and I love that. Boog has Never done that and now He's STARTING TOO. I think Chance is teaching him a few things.

Normally Boog Needs to be caged while we leave the house, because he eats EVERYTHING. But today we left for about 4 hours and left them both to themselves out of the cage, and We got home everything was the way we left it. We think Boog just needed a Friend so he's not lonely.

So we took him to the vet today, They checked him for a chip and He DOES have one... We have TRIED everything to contact that owner, So we called the Number on the chip and they told us he's AKC registered. Then they also told us that we Needed to call the Company of the chip and Find out where it was sent to. If it was sent to a Breeder the dog is AUTOMATICALLY ours. The person hasn't called in that he's missing so apparently that don't want him back so this is very good news for us!! Jon's looking up EVERYTHING right now to see what all he can do, But so far we've tried everything! The Chip came directly from the AKC, and We asked the vet if their's do and he said "NO" so that means that it was probably sent to a breeder and they will actually be Fined for letting him go!!

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Bumping up to the first page!!

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:02 AM

aww how cute. love dogs

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:03 AM

Well, congrats I guess.  Are you even going to try to find his owner?  What if he's microchipped?  If he's that well trained, he could have come from a loving family somewhere that misses him very much.  Good luck.

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:12 AM

We're going to have him scanned for a chip. We are going to try and find his owner, but He's been there for weeks already, and nobody has answered their phone. The guy who picked him up called once, and we have called 3 times already. NO VOICEMAIL either. They're not acting like they even want him back...

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:17 AM

He is so cute.  Boston Terriers are so cute.

Christina & Billy
Mommy to:Three Angels, and New Little Bean Coming March 2010....

by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 7:52 PM

BUMP for update!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)