Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You think it's an easy question and then...

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM
  • 2 Replies

So my 7 yo daughter comes home today after playing with her 9 yo and 15 yo cousins and we're talking about what they did while we watch tv and then she asks "Mommy, what is a cougar?" So I tell her it's a big kind of cat and ask her if she wants to find one on the internet to look at. She looks at me and says "If it's a cat, then why did *name of 15 yo cousin* say that Aunt *name* is a cougar?" OMG...I almost bit my lip off so I wouldn't laugh...

Aunt *name* is about 40 and just started dating a 29 yo guy...I told her that a cougar is just a cat and calling someone anything other than their name is not a nice thing to do because it might hurt their feelings. So then she says "but Pops calls me kitten and it doesn't hurt my feelings." So then (after wishing I could put the whole situation on pause for a minute LOL) I tell her that some nicknames are nice and some aren't and if she isn't sure what is nice and what is not nice she needs to ask me about it. Thankfully her favorite commercial came on and distracted her so we left it at that.

I did call my sister-in-law (she's not the "cougar"...it's her sister) and talked to her about it and asked her to talk to 15 yo cousin about it...after we had a good laugh she said she would have a chat with her and let her know that she needs to watch what she says around the little ones.

The things she asks me sometimes...LOL...anyhow, thought you would all get a good laugh out of this one!

Jen

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
reecenkaden
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:45 PM

OMG and I thought I got bad questions from siblings of mine. There's a 15+ year age different between me and a few of them. Picture my face when the 6 yr on asked me what a friggin 'orgasm' was.

dancingpengiune.gif the dancer image by jjjohnnaThis Penguin Dances for Freedom From Religion
I got that BOOM BOOM POW!!!

jennikj
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Quoting reecenkaden:

OMG and I thought I got bad questions from siblings of mine. There's a 15+ year age different between me and a few of them. Picture my face when the 6 yr on asked me what a friggin 'orgasm' was.

My sister was doing her science homework one night upstairs and she yells down "DAD...I need help with my homework...what is an orgasm?" My dad was SO shy...he turned purple and told me to go help her...she read the word wrong...it was organism LMAO!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)