Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I not say anthing?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my childhood best friend's Mom called me a couple of weeks ago to confirm my address because her stepdaughter was having a surprise birthday party for her husband at a restaurant and they wanted to send me an invite. I was like cool I would  love to go and she said the invite would have all the info.  have known them all since I was a child and they are like a second family to me.

So I never got the invite in the mail and I saw pics posted on facebook of the party. I am not mad about it or anything, but I am wondering if I should say something in case I was sent an invite and just never got it, becuase I don't want them to think I was snubbing the party.

Should I mention something, just play dumb about not seeing the pics and asking when the party is because I never heard about it after the call? My BF lives in another state so she probably was not in on the party planning or even at the party. BTW they are all a little spacey about things and I have a feeling they just flubbed.

by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
FL2AK
by on Sep. 7, 2009 at 11:55 PM

I would just call and say "Hey I just realized that the invitation that you sent must have not made it to me, did I miss the party?"  

jennikj
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I guess since you're not really mad about it or anything maybe it's best to just let it go...if they contact you and ask why you didn't come then you can tell them you never got the invite and are sorry you missed out...I suppose that's what I would do...

Jen

Pna1Dra6on
by on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:07 AM

i 2nd this. with all the preparations they may have inadvertently notified you.

Quoting FL2AK:

I would just call and say "Hey I just realized that the invitation that you sent must have not made it to me, did I miss the party?"  

"It's not about counting the days, rather making the days count"

click for my eyeshadow looks

TiffanyMarie80
by Silver Member on Sep. 8, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I agree :)

Quoting FL2AK:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)