Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Anybody else love to wear casual dresses & skirts instead of jeans or pants???

Posted by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM
  • 71 Replies

Poll

Question: Generally speaking, on a warm fall day when given a choice I prefer to wear

Options:

cute, casual dresses and / or skirts

jeans

shorts

don't care

Other (specify)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 127

View Results

I love skirts and dresses. I usually wear casual skirts daily in the summer and fall...not so much in the winter when it's cold and snowy, but sometimes I do with flat boots. Dresses and skirts make me feel pretty. I think almost everyone looks better in them than shorts or jeans.

Dh says he loves when I wear them. He went to the Notre Dame game on Saturday and said he couldn't believe how many women dress like men or girls, not grown women . Now I  know that is just his preference but I am curious......

ANYBODY else prefer dresses and skirts?

by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 6:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GracieLullaby27
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I love long skirts for the fall/winter months. But it's hard to find long skirts long enough. 'm 6'1 so most of them just look an odd length on me.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
smarshy
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM

I have always wanted to wear skirts or dresses more, but I have my grandmother's big ugly legs and my other grandmother's pasty white skin and viens.

::Shrug::

I also don't like the feeling of when my legs touch. lol...

smarshy
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM

That would suck!

I imagine that it is hard to find jeans too.

Quoting GracieLullaby27:

I love long skirts for the fall/winter months. But it's hard to find long skirts long enough. 'm 6'1 so most of them just look an odd length on me.

AJmum
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM

In the summer I do. I wear ankle lenghth dresses and skirts pretty much every day all summer and spring.

LeanneC
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:04 PM

I love my mid-full length skirts.  DH hates skirts.  He says he likes short ones, but even when they're short he doesn't like them much.

He says the long ones remind him on the religious mexican girls he grew up with...

He prefer jeans because they're more... skin-tight?  I guess they're "hotter" to him.  Whatever, I wear what I want!  :)

SunnyJoJo
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:07 PM

I used to love wearing dresses and skirts all year round but then I got fat and now everything looks like I'm wearing a tent. I'm probably one of the women your husband thinks dresses like a man. I try to girlie it up with some cute tops but you know when you gain alot of weight it's more like this fits me and doesn't make me look like a whale then anything else. lol!

Don't Worry Mom! I'll Play You A Song!

TheresaMomof9
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM

Quoting GracieLullaby27:

6'1" ...wow, you're like a MODEL> :)

TheresaMomof9
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

Quoting smarshy:

I have always wanted to wear skirts or dresses more, but I have my grandmother's big ugly legs and my other grandmother's pasty white skin and viens.

::Shrug::

I also don't like the feeling of when my legs touch. lol...

Awww. It can't be THAT bad. What--your legs don't touch in jeans? LOL

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

i love capris or burmuda shorts.... comfy, modest, yet still fun

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Proud Mommy to Hannah & Taylon, wifey to my military man Bobby, and veteran!

ceciliam
by on Sep. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I definitely prefer dresses with boots in the fall and winter.

BABY BANANAS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN