Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Did your Dr get your due date wrong?

Posted by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM
  • 38 Replies

I went to my first Dr appointment yesterday.  They determind my due date is May 2nd.  Which make me 7 and 1/2 weeks preg.  I was thinking we were about a month further then that. I just don't think they are right about my due date.  They determind it by an ultrasound, so I guess I should go with that.  I just have this feeling that they are wrong.

Did your Dr ever get your due datge wrong?  How did they originally determine your due date?

by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
missamanda86
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Im almost certain they did with my son...he was supposedly 5 weeks early, but even his pedi thinks my edd was wrong because he was 6lbs, had no problems breathing, eating or aynthing...im gonna say i was about 2 weeks farther along than they said\

lizmarie1975
by Gold Member on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I don't know if they ever got it wrong...none of my kids were born on their due dates.  Two came 5 days early (boys) and 1 came 5 days late (girl).

ElijahsMommy58
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Yes. It was really confusing. They told me May 1. I had Elijah May 8, so a week late right?

Then they take a look at him & tell me that he looks about two weeks early. lol So idk!

~In my thoughts & prayers~

littlemommy81
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Yes my Doc with my 1st child got it wrong by about 3 weeks.

lyzzibear
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

my dr. originally told me my due date with my youngest (now 3) was january 17. she was born on nov. 11th at 8lbs 3oz and fully developed everything. they also told me she was a boy! they got everything wrong with her!

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

natasia61589
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

they may have made a mistake but at that point in the pregnancy ultrasounds are typically accurate within about 3 days either way so i dont think they would be a whole month off

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:50 PM

My Doctor said my ds was due feb 28th and thats exactly the day he was born:)

mom2four1978
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Ultrasound dating is accurate before 12 weeks. I had mine dated by ultrasound after 12 weeks. My son was born at what I was told would be almost 36 weeks, instead he was somewhere between 30 and 32 weeks. This was determined by development. The reason they got it wrong with me was that my son was so large. He was 6lbs 7oz and 17 inches at birth and he is 39lbs now at 21 months.

FORASHLEY1-1.jpg picture by JenniMoon81

Army_Wife41
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:51 PM

Nope. The ultrasound is supposed to be more acccurate because at that stage in the game it is very easy to tell by developmental markers how far along the baby is. I thought I was 2 weeks further along than I really was with my son and this new baby. I delivered 5 days late with my son....so I know my due date that I thought was way off....because if i were right....I would have technically delivered at almost 43 weeks. I also had that feeling with my son.....that they were wrong....but I was measuring right the whole pregnancy. I think that the "feeling" was more a hope....because we had been trying for 6 months and I just wanted my baby in my arms lol.

I am a BF, formula supplementing, never needed to try the CIO method, vaccinating, one day will try ERF, never going to co-sleep, very loving mother and wife, who tries to not be judgemental, will send my kids to public school, doesn't care about your opinion on the war in Iraq or Afghanistan, supports our troops, married to a soldier, baby making factory...wife to Adam, mommy to Jeremiah and our new baby.

themacs4
by on Sep. 16, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Wow!!  They were way off!  LOL

Quoting lyzzibear:

my dr. originally told me my due date with my youngest (now 3) was january 17. she was born on nov. 11th at 8lbs 3oz and fully developed everything. they also told me she was a boy! they got everything wrong with her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)