Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Baby Rash and hands and feet swelling??**UPDATE***

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

My 8 month old son has been crying for 2 days straight. I thought he was just teething. But this afternoon I checked and his gums are not swollen and he is not drooling or wanting to bite or chew on anything.  His hands and feet are swelling up and he now has a this weird mottled red and white rash on his feet legs and moving up his body and a sore in his mouth...any one have any ideas what this could be or is this and ER kind of thing?

******UPDATE****

Just got back from the ER where they kept us fro, check in to check out 1 hour and 10 minutes..yea they looked at him said he was fine that the rash was a result of a possible viral infection to give him tylenol and it should go away in about 3-7 days...so yea thats my lovely hospital for you. Screw the fact that his eyes are swollen shut, or that he was having trouble breathing. We are taking him into the urgent care center at our other hospital in another town. Hopefully they will give us some real answers!

by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Seans_mommy123
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:08 PM

It sounds like Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.

devasmom
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:10 PM

Call the pedi right away!!! Swelling in hands and feet could mean a lot ofthings. IT could mean kidney problems or heart problems. With a rash, it could just be an allergic reaction. Since he is only 8 months and cannot really explain to you what it is that is bothering him, I would definitely NOT wait!!!

of 6of 3 beautiful girls

Mrs.Katie
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:37 PM

Thank you to the ladies who responded...sad out of 17 views only 2 responded and the rest of you could not even give this a bump...i guess unless we are bashing PA or Military or something along those lines its not worth posting...so much for this is a place to help moms with questions. Again THANK YOU to the 2 moms who helped. I called his pedi and they said to bring him in first thing in the morning. 

kadibug
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM

when my daughter was bout 10 months she got a really weird rash it moved all over her body i called her doc they said take her to the childrens hospital that was pointless they ran a whole bunch of test and said they didnt know what caused it so i took her back to her doc and they said it should go away in bout 6weeks so i know what ur going through it really freaks you out bad but i agree with the other 2 moms i would call ur doc and have him seen best of luck hun

fenders35
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I would not wait until morning I would take him to the ER ........keep us posted

Mel30248
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM

Some people are too scared to give out advice in concerns to peoples health so dont take it personally that several people looked at your post but didnt respond.

Honestly I would call up your oncall doctor & ask them their opinion. We havent had to deal with that but if it were my DD getting something of that sort I'd be taking her to the ER right now. Just my opinion though I'm not a doctor. Good Luck hope things work out.

tankgirl84
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:47 PM

I second this

Quoting Seans_mommy123:

It sounds like Hand, Foot and Mouth disease.

mnmsmom2008
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 8:58 PM

It sounds like Fifth's disease to me cuz of the swelling of hands/feet.  Does he have a "slapped cheek" appearance with the rash or hasn't it moved to his face yet?

Sara3kids
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Sounds like fifths (sp) disease...Hand foot and mouth. It is highly contagious. But it could be a bunch of other things if the swelling get worse take him to the ER right away 

Suzzie865
by on Sep. 17, 2009 at 9:04 PM

That sounds like hand foot and mouth disease.  Call the doctor.

Click the tree below! Let's make sure not one of the CM kids go without a Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)