Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you pull your daughter's hair if your mad at her?

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM
  • 103 Replies

Watch this will turn around and become a bash fest on me but I'll post anyways.  ONCE I was trying to get my daughters (who is 5) hair brushed for school and she would not sit still and kept getting up and we were running late so I yanked it.  I felt horrible after and called my friend who just laughed and said she has done it too.  So the other day we were at dinner with my parents and my daughter was not sitting in her seat and being bad so my mom whispered in her ear that she would pull her hair if she doesn't start acting better.  I was like WTF??  Then last week at my daughters soccer practice I saw the dad of twins on my daughters team take his girls by the hair and pulled them to the car because they were not listening.  So I'm wondering how many people do this.  I felt horrible and won't do it again but am starting to wonder if this is fairly common. 

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I_love_my_girls.gif my girls image by Phoebe_066         I_love_my_boys_1.gif boys image by lkfitz

by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celticreverie
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:03 AM

I don't do it, and I'd be tempted to pull my mother's hair for threatening my daughter with it.

It's pretty lazy parenting if you ask me. (To do it constantly, I totally understand your moment of frustration, I realld do).

myfoursonsks
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:04 AM

My mom did that shit to me, as well as many other things, and I grew up to hate her.  One time she was brushing may hair so hard and yanking it that I ran from the house to try and get away.  She chased after me and grabbed me by the hair (it was down to my waist) and jerked me to the ground and started kicking me in the back over and over.  To me, it is a sign that you are overwhelmed and not able to control your anger.  In  my mother's case, it was like the first sign that she was losing it and about ready to commit some abusive acts.

UxorQuodMatris
1 mom liked this

Uh, no. That's just mean.

HeatherMae55

I have a litte boy, but his hair is as long as a girls and no I've never pulled his hair.  My parents never pulled my hair growing up either.

But, I've never been one to pull hair, even in fights.  If I wanted to get his attention I call his name and if he's not listening to me I kick him in his butt.. Not REALLY kick him, but tap him - that ALWAYS gets his attention, then he chases me and tries to kick me in my butt.. lol!

I think it's kind of crazy that people pull their kids hair.. hmm.. never heard of it before.

Blame Straight People   prochoice.jpg pro choice image by thekiltedyaksmendefault.jpg leagalize dont pentalize marijuana image by earlsworld70117

lovemyhannah06
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM

no never i put her in time out the corner or spank never pull hair

Irelandsmom04
1 mom liked this

I'm not sure I have ever really "pulled" any of the girls hair (I have 4) but if I'm doing their hair and they tried to move I'm not gonna let go!! So they kind of pull their own hair. And no I don't feel bad about it. They are old enough to sit still and let me finish.

Photobucket

Photobucket

luv2wahm

No, I don't pull their hair.

Who I am as a mom can not be expressed in a paragraph. It is expressed by who my children will become.

MommySteph06

No, I wouldn't do that. Now there are times when my daughter tries to run away from me while I brushing her hair or putting it up and it ends up getting pulled. I don't really do it on purpose but I don't let go either. I guess I'm mean, but she needs to learn not to run away from me.

Pregnancy Ticker

in lovetoddler girltoddler boyexpecting boy

Steve&Steph                Kayla             Brennan                 Baby Boy
   11/2004                  10/28/06            3/16/08              EDD 10/27/09

randmmom05

I have 3 daughters and no I dont, never have, and never will.

MOM22QTS
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 10:07 AM

In a moment of frustration, i might. If it has happened, it was most likely while i was brushing her hair and she was not cooperating. its not like a hard pull...more like a gentle tug.lol.

I really don't make that a habit.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN