Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What do you think of people that have dirty houses? (Poll)

Posted by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM
  • 246 Replies

Poll

Question: What do you think of people that have dirty houses?

Options:

They are lazy and have no respect for their home.

I am the same way, so I can't judge.

I don't think good or bad of that person.

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 756

View Results

I am not talking about houses that are a little out of order such as some toys on the floor, a few dishes in the sink, and some crumbs here and there.....I'm talking about houses that get cleaned maybe once a week if that.....a sinkful of dishes that has been sitting for a couple of days, floors that haven't been mopped in two weeks, carpets that haven't been vacuumed in a week or two and laundry everywhere....oh, and filthy toilets. My thoughts are completely lazy and just does not care about their home or how they live. I think it's disgusting and unsanitary....especially when you have kids at home. What are your thoughts?

by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmommasmomma
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

I could care less about what someone does... But a truely dirty house it disgusting to ME and i couldn't live like that.

aka_speezolove
by Spencer's Wifey on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:28 PM

HAHA. I was hoping you would post this in this group as well. Its gonna get lively.

heres my responce to the original thread in another group:

"  I will be completely honest when I say that I cannot stand homes like that. I am a neat freak and my home is almost always clean. (unless I have been sick or something) I don't think they are lazy or anything, I just wonder how they can stand to live like that. I also refuse to go to thier house to visit.

This is also one of the many reasons why I don't eat food that is homemade at potlucks and such. I just can't help but wonder if they had a clean kitchen to make it in and if they followed proper food handling procedures. (I am a chef..or rather used to be.. and its just one of my "things") "

HungarianQueen
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:30 PM

Errr... I don't dislike a person or think bad about them because of their dirty house but I sure won't be visiting! 

momof4boyz1girl
by Angie on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Quoting aka_speezolove:

HAHA. I was hoping you would post this in this group as well. Its gonna get lively.

heres my responce to the original thread in another group:

"  I will be completely honest when I say that I cannot stand homes like that. I am a neat freak and my home is almost always clean. (unless I have been sick or something) I don't think they are lazy or anything, I just wonder how they can stand to live like that. I also refuse to go to thier house to visit.

This is also one of the many reasons why I don't eat food that is homemade at potlucks and such. I just can't help but wonder if they had a clean kitchen to make it in and if they followed proper food handling procedures. (I am a chef..or rather used to be.. and its just one of my "things") "

LOL.....Probably so!

Septpreggo
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:33 PM

it depends ive seen house that are very cluttered with stuff, magazines, clothes, toys, books , knicknacks that look so messy that u think their dirty, but the kitchens and bathrooms and floors are clean, though i wouldnt keep that much stuff lying around , its not as bad as a house thats actually dirty and filthy but has no clutter

volmomof3
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM

all im saying is that i clean daily because i dont want my kids in a filthy house.

bathrooms get cleaned everyother day . the rest is daily!!

loc

haileer
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM

I just want to say one thing, well I guess 2 things.....

first: when I had my son I hda to go back to a full time job after my 6 weeks maternity was up, I was not sleeping due to BFing my son and having to get up with him constanlty during the night, not to mention my husband works 6 days a week, so honestly our house would be in your opinion disgusting and we would be lazy people who arent providing a proper place for our child to live.

however, my son gets a bath everyday, fed properly, he is developing at a faster rate than most (according to his doctor, not just my personal opinion) and is generally as happy a kid as any.

now dont get me wrong we do clean the house when we get the chance to and it doesnt go weeks at a time between cleanings, but yes our house is "dirty" probably a lot of the time bc we are busy trying to raise our child and provide the best life possible.

okay now

second: I do agree that there is a level of dirty that no one should ever have to live in and if thats the case then maybe CPS should look into these homes and possibly take the kids tempoarily or until the problem can be solved.

but calling people lazy bc their house isnt perfect all the time, really, we cant all be Bree Van d Kamp!! lol jk

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:34 PM

how messy are you talkin? im a clutter clean but sanitary. i HATE CLEANING. hate it. cant think of anything id rather not do that clean. there is ALWAYS something better to do. so if its sanitary and slightly cluttered, i couldnt give a fuck less.

mamamissy316
by on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:35 PM

In general, dirty houses gross me out.  But right now mine is pretty dirty, so I can't judge.  I have a newborn baby who is still nursing 12 times a day and a 2 1/2 year old who has not perfected the act of cleaning up after herself.  Someday I will have it in me again to vacuum daily and wash every dish as it becomes soiled, but today is not that day.  Judge away. 

SpiritFortress
by Platinum Member on Sep. 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM

I voted other since sometimes there are circumstances that do not fall under the "lazy" category that cause one's surroundings to become that way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)