Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

YOUR KIDS AND SEX..........

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM
  • 23 Replies

AT WHAT AGE WOULD you like to find out your kid is having sex,,,, and not,,,,,, NEVER!!!!!!!!!

by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MAMALICIOUS9506
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:09 PM

18...I hope she waits...she's 14 now...crossing the fingers!

monkeysmom2003
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM

I'm going to start talking to them at 13 or maybe sooner .. I would like to know if they had had sex or plan on going .. I will defiantly provided anticonceptives..

"Without legalization there will be no re-election"

ACsLady
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Whenever they get married and my husband and I are fine with our children getting married as early as 16 if they're ready for it and that's what God has in mind.

We won't tolerate sex before marriage. Our daughters will be living with us until they get married and our sons will be moving out on their own at 18 - if our sons choose to live differently than they were brought up to live, that's on their head. If our daughters get married and choose to live differently with their husbands, that's on them as well, but while our children live under our roof they will respect our rules, which are God's rules. Simple as that.

littleluvkitty
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:11 PM

i would want my sons to be old enough to handle any and all out comes of there actions before they take such actions. but these days i bet they wont wait too long. i have three sons so im going to tell them about sex and all the ramifications that come along with it. about the trust they have to have and care they have to take with the person they are with. and to always no matter what cover up! lol ahhh they are still young now but gee i dont want to even think about them being old enough for sex yet. they are 2,4,and 6.

megmer
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I plan on starting to talk about it at around 11.  (I have 3 boys, if that matters)

isra1986
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM

This, except if I have a son he is welcome to live with me until he gets married as well.

Quoting ACsLady:

Whenever they get married and my husband and I are fine with our children getting married as early as 16 if they're ready for it and that's what God has in mind.

We won't tolerate sex before marriage. Our daughters will be living with us until they get married and our sons will be moving out on their own at 18 - if our sons choose to live differently than they were brought up to live, that's on their head. If our daughters get married and choose to live differently with their husbands, that's on them as well, but while our children live under our roof they will respect our rules, which are God's rules. Simple as that.

abbynzachsmommy
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:16 PM

After they are married...what ever age that happens to happen at.

navy     Lovin my Sailor!!!

Pregnant with baby #3? join us! ~ Pregnant again!...baby#3

Want to connect with other Navy wives? Check us out! ~ Navy Wives

betsyabel
by Silver Member on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:18 PM

My kids are 8, 15, 17 & 18.  I've always been really open & mellow with them when it comes to talking about sex, in return, they are open with me. Well, not the 8 year old yet lol.  I would hope they would wait until they are 18 and in a serious relationsihp.  I've kept condoms in a brown bag in the cupboard for the past few years.  They know I won't count them, I just add to them every few months.  I've told them they should wait and all that, but I would be naive to think that just because I said so, they would never, ever consider having sex.  This way, at least if they decide to they don't have to worry about buying condoms in our small (everyone knows everyone) town.

megmer
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM

OH! I miss understood the question.  I don't know if I ever want to hear about them having sex but i guess i'll say 18.

mommyheymommy
by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 1:19 PM

More so than age...they should be married.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN