Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kind of gross, but scaring me, pregnancy issues

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:17 AM
  • 18 Replies
ok, i've tried to look this up online because i really didn't want to post it all over the internet but i can't find it. my ob/gyn won't open until monday, if that, i don't know if they will be closed because of easter.

for the past two days i've had a dark colored discharge. varying from dark yellow to dark brown. not thick or mucousy, but thin and watery sort of. i know that sounds gross, i'm sorry. like i said, looked up and can only find info about white discharge. i had trouble at the beginning of this pregnancy and i'm starting to freak out, i don't know what's going on.

i should also mention that the baby has been very low since the fifth month and i am now in my sixth month. and i had a dream a couple of nights ago that she was going to come early, so i'm freaking.

please tell me if you know what this is. sorry to be graphic.
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jerszedragon
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:20 AM
Hunny breathe...if you are that worried go to the hossy.  But I can tell you I had all kinds of nasty discharge when I was preggy and my son was 4 days late...and I to had dreams of early birth.  I had dreams about everything going wrong...but I had a healthy baby boy!!!
mommyslilangel
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:21 AM
i think u might have just lost ur mucus plug..........i didnt lose mine that i saw but thats how it was described to me........try to calm down.......easier said then done i know.........just talk to ur doctor on monday..........good luck hun........if u remember give me an update.......
PrncsWinnie
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:23 AM
You don't need to appologize! We have been through all the graphic things of pregnancy.. that's why we are here. Anything we can do to help.. =)

I'm not sure what it is, but you should be able to call the hospital where you will be delivering and ask them. They get these kind of questions all the time, so you'll be fine. I would call them just to make sure, even if it is just to set your mind at ease. If you are getting really worked up about it, that isn't good for the baby either.

Keep us updated =)

Wendy
Ktygrrrl
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 7:55 AM
I would call the hospital advice nurse. They shoudl be able to tell you whether or not you need to go in. I hope everything turns out ok and you're just freaking out for nothing.
lkf3kids
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 8:09 AM
I would definitly go to the ER. After my water broke, a dark discharge came out. You could have lost your plug, too. Please go to the ER, I would not wait until Monday. Good luck mama.
Jacemommy31506
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:18 PM
U may have an infection, go to the hospital, not to scare u but if u do u need to see a doctor asap! I also had a dream about my baby coming early and he did at 25 weeks, he is fine by the way, but i had an infection. GO TO THE HOSPITAL good luck to u!
kelbelle3r
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:24 PM
I agree about the possibility of an infection and I would go to the hospital too.  better to be safe than sorry.  good luck to you :)
Mamatobeof1
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:24 PM
This coming from a paramedic... any discharge that is nit white or yellowish demands attention ASAP... call the hospital you are delivering with and they will take you in to be checked... going to the ER is a waste... no ER Dr. will see you after 20 weeks so just bypass that and go right to the maternity floor... good liuck and keep me posted... i will be thinking opf you.
wldnmommie
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:33 PM
If you are worried hun you can go to the er and have them check you out.There is nothing to be sorry about.We all have been through the whole pregnancy thing. It will make you feel better once you go and make sure that you are okay and that the baby is okay too. Everything will be okay!
*hugs*
toliver1106
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:38 PM
yeah go to the hospital and to straight to the maternity floor. They will help ya out.  DON'T FOOL WITH THE E.R. .  I had a alot of discharge with my pregnancy.  Stay calm!  I know thats hard. I had 2 premies  and I know whats thats like.  Keep us updated
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN