Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

kind of gross, but scaring me, pregnancy issues

Posted by   + Show Post
ok, i've tried to look this up online because i really didn't want to post it all over the internet but i can't find it. my ob/gyn won't open until monday, if that, i don't know if they will be closed because of easter.

for the past two days i've had a dark colored discharge. varying from dark yellow to dark brown. not thick or mucousy, but thin and watery sort of. i know that sounds gross, i'm sorry. like i said, looked up and can only find info about white discharge. i had trouble at the beginning of this pregnancy and i'm starting to freak out, i don't know what's going on.

i should also mention that the baby has been very low since the fifth month and i am now in my sixth month. and i had a dream a couple of nights ago that she was going to come early, so i'm freaking.

please tell me if you know what this is. sorry to be graphic.
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 1:17 AM
Replies (11-18):
jarjakamie
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:39 PM
it sounds like an infection, i would go to the hospital but call the maternity floor at which ever hospital you are delivering at and tell them whats going on. hope everything goes okay
cheerioprincess
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM
I know its Saturday on a holiday weekend but I worked for an answering serivce for 8 years.  Even if your OB/GYN is not available there is always coverage. Plus the Maternity floor has OB nurses that are there 24 hours a day.  I have four children and 6 pregnancies and lets be honest some of the nastiest stuff came out of me (just wait until you deliver), its best to ask questions and as many as you need to ask.Good luck, our prayers are with you.
tc_chyann
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 5:49 PM
I too had dreams of my baby being born early (he was 1 wk early) and I too had lots of different colored discharge at different points of time.  So my advice is either go to the hospital where you will be delivering and get checked out or atleast call them and see if you should be seen.  Good luck and let me know.
TERESA
tyfry7496
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 10:50 PM
Go to the ER, just to be safe. That is what they are there for. It has been sooo long since I was pregnant that I don't remember if I had any discharge or not. Don't worry about being gross, we have all been pregnant and we have kids, gross is what we know!!
Destinyisntfree
by on Apr. 7, 2007 at 11:14 PM
i dropped my mucous plug at 23 weeks and had a slight amniotic leak with my youngest.  Had similar symptoms, along with vertigo spells, getting dizzy and feeling like i was gonna pass out if i didnt sit down.   i spent three days in the hospital and then was sent home on bed rest.  Miss Caity then held out another 10 and a half weeks before showing up, but you do need to get this checked.  The emergency room is just going to send u up to the maternityfloor anyway and most hospitals allow u to cut out the middle man.  I am sure your doctors office has an answering service, and they will have someone get back to you right away, but i will guarantee they will tell u to go to the hopital.  I dont mean to freak you out but you need to make sure there is not a problem.  Good luck and i am sure everything will be fine
goth_mama
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 1:30 PM
sorry for taking so long to get back to everybody. by the time i read all of the replies it sort of stopped on it's own. which makes me feel sort of silly for freaking out. i'm still going to call my doctor when they are open, but everything seems fine now.
christykhudson
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 1:46 PM
I totally agree.. If in doubt call the nurse on call at the emergency room and they will tell you if you need to come in...and relax and no stressing. :)
BriannasMomma
by on Apr. 8, 2007 at 2:21 PM
I dont think you have anything to worry about. you're body is most likely cleaning itself out. not the baby but some of the stuff inside. not that you are going to have the baby, but everybody's body does that. just because its a different color and its not white means it could still be what was left from your last period. its nothing to worry about, but i would call the obgyn and ask the question and if shes not there...just relax you'll be great and trust us all you will know when you go into labor.
good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN