Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

taking family pictures but not including the step children

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm just curious as to your opinion on this.

Our friends got their family pictures back yesterday and they didn't include the step children in them. The husband has three kids from a previous marriage they are 12, 8,4. Then they together have two kids 2 years and 6 months.

Well today they dropped off our picture and had the 12 year old SS come up and give it to us and he said "here, Katy said to give this to you." I said "thanks TJ". He says "no problem. Wish they would of let us be in it since we are still a part of their family" He shrugged a little and then turned back to the car.

I felt really bad for him!  I think they should have included them, i mean TJ was right they are still apart of their family just as much as the two little kids they had together are.

Anyway what is your opinion on step children and family pictures?

by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 9:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
iheartmyshaman
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:11 AM

That is so bullshit.  Their parents should be ashamed.

UGA-wifey
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:12 AM

I think this is awful. I have an 8 yo ss and a 2 yr old ds and I NEVER say "step". I would never have a family pic made without ss either. I cant believe this man let this happen. So wrong, poor kiddo's!! :(

RiverPhenix
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:13 AM

I agree how horrible!!!!!!!!!!!! Obviously it hurt the children's feeling for the son to have said something.

Quoting mitch576:

it's cruel....

savannahnhi
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:14 AM

if i was hte BM i would have slap the stepmom.  some people are idiot.

angiskids
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Quoting AJCAR32:

Unfortunately I know from experience I have had 12 step moms and on the 3rd dad..  The lastest dad used to do stuff like that..  I can't stand him and I left home at 14

And I thought my family tree was crazy. I have 3 dads but 1 mom. Biological died, adoptive dad I disowned and my stepfather is my "father". I have a crazy sibling tree. I can only imagine yours. Hugs to you girl.

Mistygirl

that is terrible, those poor children will probably never feel like she love's them, and by her doing that, it only make's it true. I don't understand some people. And why in the heck didn't the father step up and say something. grrrr

mommyyokes

I think that is just awful. We always wait for my ss to come for a visit to get our family photo done. We usually do it when he is home for Easter.

candycane337
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:16 AM

Quoting BunBaker:

Quoting candycane337:

I wish we could get a family picture done,  we rarely get to see hubby's daughter and when we do it's a visit at her mom's house.  Every time I suggest getting one done , my husband gets this sad look on his face and I have to change the subject.   I deserve to have my children in a family photo, even if SD isn't available to be in it.   I just don't think I should have to wait until SD is 18 and can say hey I want to go with you.

I agree you should be able to have a family photo done. I don't know why, but I think it's horrible that's the only visitation your hubby gets with his daughter.

BUT the OP's friend gets her step kids every other weekend so it was completely plausible for them to wait until all the kids were there for a portait. Just last weekend (when we had the girls), my husbands grandmother (who has a better social life than most people i know lol) mentioned wanting to get a family portrait done. We stood in the kitchen with her big 'ol calender and went over which weekends we have all of them

I know it's two different situations.  I just saw the post and had to vent a bit.

mistyray
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM

WifeandMommy06
by on Oct. 3, 2009 at 10:17 AM

this

Quoting southernjess3:

i think they are selfish Assholes to do that to those kids

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

wedding ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)