Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do u know this about swine flu

Posted by   + Show Post

i know e1 is probably tired of hear about this but i thought it was a different one. how many ppl know that this is not the first time the swine flu has hit the U.S. it hit bk in the 70's roughly about 1976 just thought it was interesting since all my news wants to talk about is the swine flu 

by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
KokoJones
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM

i saw that on the news when swine flu was first "found" then they went off about how they already had a vax in storage for it but it was still in need of testing and all that..

CafeMom Tickers

Koko- navy wife-mommy of two- currently baking baby #3

Ange0807
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:48 PM

haha i agree....that was just a nice way for me to put it so i didn't have any pro-govt here to try and debate! lol but hey have you ever seen loose change?

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Our govt? Corrupt is an understatement.. The corruption runs so deep and people have NO clue.. They don't want to open their minds to the possibilities that they are being taken for a ride. Not much you can do about that. I don't speak about this kinda stuff because it goes in one ear and out the other.

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

My issue with the swine flu is that it's all being blown out of proportion I think.   I just read that right now there have been about 450 cases of the swine flu that have been fatal but in an average year 36,000 die from the seasonal flu.   Those cases that are fatal have mostly been people with underlying problems (heart, immune system).   Why does the media have this need to get us all riled up.  As long as you take precautions (washing hands, covering coughs) there is no reason to assume it'll be any worse than any other flu season except you have an extra option this year.   

Its a form of controlling the masses. Chaos and madness will cause people to do what their lovely govt tells them to do.. Well a nice size amount of them anyway.

Kays_Mama06
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I hear ya.. No i havent seen it... Should I?

Quoting Ange0807:

haha i agree....that was just a nice way for me to put it so i didn't have any pro-govt here to try and debate! lol but hey have you ever seen loose change?

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Our govt? Corrupt is an understatement.. The corruption runs so deep and people have NO clue.. They don't want to open their minds to the possibilities that they are being taken for a ride. Not much you can do about that. I don't speak about this kinda stuff because it goes in one ear and out the other.

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

My issue with the swine flu is that it's all being blown out of proportion I think.   I just read that right now there have been about 450 cases of the swine flu that have been fatal but in an average year 36,000 die from the seasonal flu.   Those cases that are fatal have mostly been people with underlying problems (heart, immune system).   Why does the media have this need to get us all riled up.  As long as you take precautions (washing hands, covering coughs) there is no reason to assume it'll be any worse than any other flu season except you have an extra option this year.   

Its a form of controlling the masses. Chaos and madness will cause people to do what their lovely govt tells them to do.. Well a nice size amount of them anyway.

Monica84
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I have read that some of the developers of the H1N1 vaccine have refused to take the vaccine and have told their families not to take it either.

But i still think its the DAMN FLU.  I think they were just trying to hurt the pork industry again. JMO

Ange0807
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:53 PM

well it depends on your feelings towards 911...i would say if you think there was something else behind it then yea..but if you feel it was what it was and nothing else then no.  it doesnt tell you what you should think it just shows you facts.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

Kays_Mama06
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:54 PM

Yeah.. I definitely think there was SOMETHING behind it.. I will have to go to Blockbuster tomorrow. = )

Quoting Ange0807:

well it depends on your feelings towards 911...i would say if you think there was something else behind it then yea..but if you feel it was what it was and nothing else then no.  it doesnt tell you what you should think it just shows you facts.

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

Ange0807
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM

o you dont have to do that...jsut google it..thats how i saw it. my brother (who is a documentary fanatic) even told me he learned that when 911 happened and they showed on the news their victory parade so to speak..he said that was taken from the media library from years before that...it was an old victory parade lol

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Yeah.. I definitely think there was SOMETHING behind it.. I will have to go to Blockbuster tomorrow. = )

Quoting Ange0807:

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

its corrupt in ways!

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting sllytnkrbl:

momof2little1s
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM

I had H1N1!  It was horrible and almost killed me and my baby!  I was in a coma on the hospital for 30 days.  I know many other cases and deaths that the cases were BAD.  And not all of them were in a high risk category!  The media is down playing it to not scare everyone.  I do not buy that it is not that bad and neither do my family who almost lost me!!!!!!!!! And we will be getting vacinating!

I have to say that it is easy to think the swine flu is no big deal when it has not affected you personally in such a negitive way.  I was so close to death from it that I have a huge interest in the subject and have done a TON of research on it.  And while it may be mild for some, it has killed MANY and not just people in high risk categories.  There are over 30 documented cases of kids in the US who died with no pre-existing health issues.  So, I campain hard for people to take this virus serious.  I do not want to make decisions for people or push them itno decisions.  But, I want everyone to be aware of it's potential danger.

I have done many news spots(today show, NBC nightly news, Good Morning Americwa, and several local stations) talking about my case and the importance of taking the H1N1 virus serious.  Our local news is taped me this Wednesday for another news spot about it.  And they should be airing it on the NBS Nightly news after as well.

Anyway, I hope none of you are personally effected by swine flu the way I and my family was.  But, whether you decide to vacinate or not PLEASE take it serious and do not brush it off say it is no big deal.  It may be no big deal for some but know it can also be potentially fatal.

My Girls- My loves, My life, My EVERYTHING

Caitlin 5 yrs, Lilly 3 yrs, and Molly born 7/19/09

Ange0807
by on Oct. 6, 2009 at 11:58 PM

i totally believe that

Quoting Monica84:

I have read that some of the developers of the H1N1 vaccine have refused to take the vaccine and have told their families not to take it either.

But i still think its the DAMN FLU.  I think they were just trying to hurt the pork industry again. JMO

Kays_Mama06
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 12:01 AM

I would but I know DH would like to see it too. We're on the same level. lol. And our computer is in the kitchen area and its a desktop.. Just a hassle..

Interesting about the victory parade.. Hmm.. Any other doc's your brother could recommend??

Quoting Ange0807:

o you dont have to do that...jsut google it..thats how i saw it. my brother (who is a documentary fanatic) even told me he learned that when 911 happened and they showed on the news their victory parade so to speak..he said that was taken from the media library from years before that...it was an old victory parade lol

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Quoting Ange0807:

Quoting Kays_Mama06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)