Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does Anyone Know of Any Essure Procedure Law Suits

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any Essure lawsuits or recalls?  I had this procedure done in July 2009 and I have been having every problem that could happen.  The messed up thing about it is that I was kind of forced or manipulated into doing this by my doctor.  Someone please help.

Lisa Lo

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
stephy_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Ok first off how did your doctor force/manipulate the procedure on you? Didn't you have to sign a consent form? Also I hear that the first several months are pretty bad since Essure causes your body to form scar tissue in your tubes. Supposedly there is a lot of pain and cramping.

Proud Army Wife~SAHM~Pro Vaxing~America Love It Or Leave It~If You Don't Support Our Troops Feel Free to Stand In Front Of Them~The Army Isn't The Only Thing That Makes My Man Scream Hooah~

CoastieWifePR
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:26 PM

First of all, I am sorry for what you went through.  With that being said, when they called you with your scheduled date to get the birth control you should have told them that you wanted to discuss all forms of birth control or simply cancel the appt.  Its not like they told you, come X day or you'll be dead or something like that.  You could have avoided having the procedure done.

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:39 PM

I agree. They didn't force OP to get it, OP you always had the choice and voice to say "hey I want to discuss all forms of BC before we do anything" Oh and that wouldn't be a lawsuit against Essure, it would be against your dr. 

Quoting CoastieWifePR:

First of all, I am sorry for what you went through.  With that being said, when they called you with your scheduled date to get the birth control you should have told them that you wanted to discuss all forms of birth control or simply cancel the appt.  Its not like they told you, come X day or you'll be dead or something like that.  You could have avoided having the procedure done.

The best group for debates on Cafemom!

www.cafemom.com/group/debateforums 

adulation
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:44 PM

i'm sorry you miscarried and you were emotionally out of it afterwards.  you really should not have consented to any form of long term birth control in that state.  your husband should have helped you make that decision, as well. 

Quoting LisaLoPerez:

Well if you must know the whole story in June 2009 I was 5 months pregnant with my fourth child and I was at my regular doctor visit I was told that my baby had no heartbeat.  At that point what the doctor was saying I didn't get 100% of what he said.  After all a big bomb had just been dropped on me.  I remember him telling me about showing up to the hospital the next day for inducement .  I also remember him suggesting a birth control procedure I just remember him saying something about seven years, non invasive and that I had to get this done because he suggested no more kids because of complications with pregnancy.  However I received a call a month later telling me that they had procedure scheduled this was keep in mind a month later I had just buried my son and was still traumatized , in shock and depressed.  My husband takes the day off of work to go with me, they don't let him in the room with me. However, I am taken into the room where the nurse gives me a pain shot to help cope with any possible pain.  After the shot I asked her wait "aren't you supposed to make sure that I'm not pregnant "?  She said oh yes so she gives me a cup to give here a urine specimen, then I return to the room where by this time I am groggy she presents me with a paper which needs my signature so I sign lords know what!  Anyway, she takes me into the room where procedure will be done the dr, 2 nurses and a rep from Essure are present.  The doctor asks me when my legs are up on stirrups "are you ready to not have anymore children"? I tell him "not for seven years" , he said" what do you mean seven years you will not be able to have anymore children", again keep in mind I have been given a pain shot and am not in the right state of mind.  So that should have been a red flag to at least the Dr or the rep from Essure to either not perform procedure because obviously I didn't know what I was getting into or they could have gone to waiting room to ask my husband if we knew what we were getting into.  Now my husband and I are having problems because he wants another child and I can't give it to him he feels that he should have had some say in this permanent, irreversible procedure which it took all this for us to find out that there is nothing that we could do to change this.  So that is why I feel that my doctor forced me or manipulated me into having this done.

LisaLoPerez
by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 11:46 PM

Ya well try loosing a baby being 5 months pregnant and see if your whole life isn't turned upside down.  I was also on meds for depression and anxiety unable to make a rational decision.  I guess if you haven't gone through it you wouldn't understand or even begin to understand.  Ya it was my choice and I have to live with it for the rest of my life.  However we went off the subject a bit my reason for this post was because of the problems that I am having with this procedure no being forced into this.!!!!!

Lisa Lo

stephy_85
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2009 at 12:04 AM

We are all still trying to find out what problems you are having. We can't help you if you don't tell us what side effects you are having. There are a lot of side effects that people have so with out knowing what you are experiencing we can't tell you if it is normal or not.

Quoting LisaLoPerez:

Ya well try loosing a baby being 5 months pregnant and see if your whole life isn't turned upside down.  I was also on meds for depression and anxiety unable to make a rational decision.  I guess if you haven't gone through it you wouldn't understand or even begin to understand.  Ya it was my choice and I have to live with it for the rest of my life.  However we went off the subject a bit my reason for this post was because of the problems that I am having with this procedure no being forced into this.!!!!!

Proud Army Wife~SAHM~Pro Vaxing~America Love It Or Leave It~If You Don't Support Our Troops Feel Free to Stand In Front Of Them~The Army Isn't The Only Thing That Makes My Man Scream Hooah~

samthecat001
by on Oct. 8, 2009 at 12:10 AM

thats sad and i'm sorry for your loss, but permanent birth control isnt something you shoudl decide when you arent in your right mind.  you cant allow a doctor to push you into anything - if you just "go along" with what they suggest and not take it upon yourself to go and research and make to make informed choices.... and you wont win a lawsuit against the doctor because you didnt.
where was your husband/boyfriend during all this?
and what is your issue with this BC now?   do you want it reversed?  can that be done?  if so why dont you go get it done? 

Quoting LisaLoPerez:

Never look a gift Chuck Norris in the mouth,
                        because he will bite your damn eyes off.

dmcarpenter619
by Silver Member on Oct. 8, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I don't get it.  I had the Essure procedure done almost 7 years ago.  The only instances I have read are the ones where the procedure didn't take and the woman ended up pregnant, which they warn you can happen in the first year.  When I had it done DH and I BOTH had to go to the OB's office and have everything explained to us way before the procedure was done.  Also, DH had to sign the consent form too.  They do tell you that it is permanent BC, it is a procedure to take the place of getting a tubal.  They even gave us info to take home to look at so we could be sure that we wanted to have this done.  I also came home and looked up everything I could on the procedure because it had just come out a few months before I had it done.  I don't think you can sue Essure for this issue.  You will have to file a malpractice suit against your doctor but if you signed the consent form than you are pretty much screwed. 

WifeandMommy06
by on Dec. 7, 2009 at 9:57 AM

I am sorry about your whole experinace. and your miscarriage.

Please come share your story in my group.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/EssureBirthcontrol

Come Join my group:  http://www.cafemom.com/group/EssureBirthcontrol

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

missa_smith
by on Oct. 29, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Dont feel to bad in June of 2006 I had the samething done and I have had nothing but problmes. There has been points where there where some bad blackouts and if it was not for my 5 yr old get his step dad  I could have been dad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN