Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does Anyone Know of Any Essure Procedure Law Suits

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any Essure lawsuits or recalls?  I had this procedure done in July 2009 and I have been having every problem that could happen.  The messed up thing about it is that I was kind of forced or manipulated into doing this by my doctor.  Someone please help.

Lisa Lo

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Replies (21-30):
missa_smith
by on Nov. 22, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I would like to know too if any one has any information on this as well. I now know that I am not the only one that has had problems with this. I have had this sence June 0f 2006.

missa_smith
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:36 PM

I am looking for the same info about lawsuits or recalls i have found info on the FDA site

emeraldangel20
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 1:42 PM

no i dont know. but there's no way a dr can force you to do anything. and losing a baby doesnt make you lose common sense. you should not make these decisions when you are in that state of mind

heatherinBama
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Quoting LisaLoPerez:

Ya well try loosing a baby being 5 months pregnant and see if your whole life isn't turned upside down.  I was also on meds for depression and anxiety unable to make a rational decision.  I guess if you haven't gone through it you wouldn't understand or even begin to understand.  Ya it was my choice and I have to live with it for the rest of my life.  However we went off the subject a bit my reason for this post was because of the problems that I am having with this procedure no being forced into this.!!!!!

here in alabama, your husband has to also give permission for your tubes/ any other kind of permanent birth control. sorry this happened to you. yes your husband should have had a say.

Samantha2863
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I know that this is soooo long after!!! But I just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only one who is having issues with it and it is not your fault. Its due to the nickel and so many women are having allergic reactions. My friend also felt pressured into getting the essure without knowing a lot about it. Its not uncommon to go with what your doctor says right away, or for a doctors to make you feel stupid so you dont bother asking anymore. In my friends case, she had 3 kids and her husband didnt help at all and she didnt want more just for that reason. NOW they are divorced and she isnt entirely sure that shes done having children. Not to mention that she is having multiple isses and no one told her Essure was made out of nickel which she is highly allergic to. The doctors keep telling her thats not what is causing the pain or anything thing but it started right after the Essure was put in!!! Do some research there are sooo many having issues with it!!!

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:35 AM

Clearly you've never lost a child. She was manipulated in a time of immense grief and weakness. She has every right to sue.

Quoting adulation:

i'm sorry you miscarried and you were emotionally out of it afterwards.  you really should not have consented to any form of long term birth control in that state.  your husband should have helped you make that decision, as well. 

Quoting LisaLoPerez:

Well if you must know the whole story in June 2009 I was 5 months pregnant with my fourth child and I was at my regular doctor visit I was told that my baby had no heartbeat.  At that point what the doctor was saying I didn't get 100% of what he said.  After all a big bomb had just been dropped on me.  I remember him telling me about showing up to the hospital the next day for inducement .  I also remember him suggesting a birth control procedure I just remember him saying something about seven years, non invasive and that I had to get this done because he suggested no more kids because of complications with pregnancy.  However I received a call a month later telling me that they had procedure scheduled this was keep in mind a month later I had just buried my son and was still traumatized , in shock and depressed.  My husband takes the day off of work to go with me, they don't let him in the room with me. However, I am taken into the room where the nurse gives me a pain shot to help cope with any possible pain.  After the shot I asked her wait "aren't you supposed to make sure that I'm not pregnant "?  She said oh yes so she gives me a cup to give here a urine specimen, then I return to the room where by this time I am groggy she presents me with a paper which needs my signature so I sign lords know what!  Anyway, she takes me into the room where procedure will be done the dr, 2 nurses and a rep from Essure are present.  The doctor asks me when my legs are up on stirrups "are you ready to not have anymore children"? I tell him "not for seven years" , he said" what do you mean seven years you will not be able to have anymore children", again keep in mind I have been given a pain shot and am not in the right state of mind.  So that should have been a red flag to at least the Dr or the rep from Essure to either not perform procedure because obviously I didn't know what I was getting into or they could have gone to waiting room to ask my husband if we knew what we were getting into.  Now my husband and I are having problems because he wants another child and I can't give it to him he feels that he should have had some say in this permanent, irreversible procedure which it took all this for us to find out that there is nothing that we could do to change this.  So that is why I feel that my doctor forced me or manipulated me into having this done.

Ashley_Carlson
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:37 AM

It can make you lose common sense for a LONG time. I know that all to well because I've lost 2 and I'm preparing to bury a fourth because she was born with severe brain defects.

Quoting emeraldangel20:

no i dont know. but there's no way a dr can force you to do anything. and losing a baby doesnt make you lose common sense. you should not make these decisions when you are in that state of mind

black.eyeliner
by on May. 5, 2012 at 3:41 AM
Call a lawyer. I am having this done on the 14th. I signed the papers weeks ago because legally I can not sign them on the day of the procedure due to the meds I have to be on. The signature would not be legal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sparkyfire
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
You can't sue essure. But you can sue that doc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:06 AM

I couldn't sign the papers the day of either and I wasn't on meds. Legally there is suppose to be a 3 day wait before the procedure. Unless she signed it before the procedure was done on a different day, then the consent was done correctly. They should have stopped as well when she said she didn't want permanent birth control. Every doctor I have seen double checks when the consents are signed and then right before they do the procedure.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Call a lawyer. I am having this done on the 14th. I signed the papers weeks ago because legally I can not sign them on the day of the procedure due to the meds I have to be on. The signature would not be legal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN