Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does Anyone Know of Any Essure Procedure Law Suits

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any Essure lawsuits or recalls?  I had this procedure done in July 2009 and I have been having every problem that could happen.  The messed up thing about it is that I was kind of forced or manipulated into doing this by my doctor.  Someone please help.

Lisa Lo

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Replies (31-40):
black.eyeliner
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:09 AM
We have 30 days here. They called yesterday to check I was still willing.

Quoting yo_ho:

I couldn't sign the papers the day of either and I wasn't on meds. Legally there is suppose to be a 3 day wait before the procedure. Unless she signed it before the procedure was done on a different day, then the consent was done correctly. They should have stopped as well when she said she didn't want permanent birth control. Every doctor I have seen double checks when the consents are signed and then right before they do the procedure.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Call a lawyer. I am having this done on the 14th. I signed the papers weeks ago because legally I can not sign them on the day of the procedure due to the meds I have to be on. The signature would not be legal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yo_ho
by Gold Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Ours has to be between 3 and 30 days. Interesting, i thought they were the same across the board.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Quoting yo_ho:

I couldn't sign the papers the day of either and I wasn't on meds. Legally there is suppose to be a 3 day wait before the procedure. Unless she signed it before the procedure was done on a different day, then the consent was done correctly. They should have stopped as well when she said she didn't want permanent birth control. Every doctor I have seen double checks when the consents are signed and then right before they do the procedure.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Call a lawyer. I am having this done on the 14th. I signed the papers weeks ago because legally I can not sign them on the day of the procedure due to the meds I have to be on. The signature would not be legal.

black.eyeliner
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:17 AM
I am happy it is a long wait. I am more than ready but you must be sure.

Quoting yo_ho:

Ours has to be between 3 and 30 days. Interesting, i thought they were the same across the board.

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Quoting yo_ho:

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sadeyez11
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:20 AM
I was going to get it done. signed the papers but there is a 30 day wait. thankfully there is because in those 30 days i decided it wasnt what i wanted and i got the mirena instead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsk2011
by on May. 31, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I had essure done 4 years ago..I won't say it was forced on me but my doctor made it sound Sooooo good bcuz I didn't have to be cut again...now I experience a lot of pain an cramping an it affects my sex life. I'm also allergic to nickle an didn't know it until after I got essure. I have a lot of break outs, an I feel your pain. It totally changed my life for the worst. I told my doctor of the pain that I was having. He gave me a prescription for ib profin800an once those were gone I was on my own..but who wants to take those for the rest of there life...I regret this decision so much. I wish I could get these devices out of my body. It's just not right!
kimb101
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 3:42 AM
These replies to this women's post is an outrage! Losing a child is beyond words. Her Dr at that point became uncaring not listening. The doctor's still candy coat it & say it is wonderful since there is huge kick back. Never the less there are huge medical prob women are experiencing & many caring websites that will listen. The rest can be terribly harsh for s women who has lost a child. You should be ashamed. There is Chapel Hill to remove & reverse but it costs 5,000 out of pocket. I was done having children & went for a reg tubal, my doc said this was the best & safest procedure. 0 problems for him after 100's. I trusted him. Own so sorry for your loss. Please, if you are having difficulty still & get this there are groups, esp on FB. So sad, so sad
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeckers
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 6:43 PM

Sounds like you need to consult a lawyer! see if he thinks you have a case. Technically you might not, but the lawyer would know better than a panel of moms that have never been to law school! You sounded like you should not have gotten the essure, but at the same time the Dr. seemed to be looking out for your health? what would he gain by forcing essure on you? 

Sorry you are going through this and for your loss!

bullmanmom1313
by on Sep. 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I know exactly what you are talking about. I was manipulated in the essure procedure. I can't stand the fact that I did it.  I can't stand the Dr who did it. She just wanted to add the Essure procedure to her resume. Sickening. Now my husband and I are going to have to pay $7,500 to get it reversed to stop the health complications and have another baby. I think the Essure is a sick joke. There have been so many people regretting having had this done. Just about everyone I talk to about it that has had it done or knows someone who had it done said that they are having pain, heavy periods and/or have had the implant travel through the tissue of the fallopian tube and either come out or migrate to other organs. YUCK. Bad News ladies. Don't do it.

DRG1014
by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had the Essure done about 7 yrs ago. I have been hospitalized for internal bleeding and I have several other issues. I never kinked them to my Essure until now. If you go out on Google search Essure law suits there are several forums.  I was giving this number for an attorney who can direct you to who is handling the law suits. 215-790-7300

painnSc
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Are they really looking in to it. Had essure done 9/12 been in so much pain since and now I have to have a tubal done because one of them are broken/stretched in my flopian tube. My dr won't do anything for the pain. He claimed that essure was the best option for me and at the end its ruining my life. Some days I can't even get out of my bed much less take care of my children. My sex life is no longer .. My husband is furious and so am I. So far haven't found a lawyer. If anybody knows of one please let me know. They can't keep doing this to us and getting away with it.

Quoting DRG1014:

I had the Essure done about 7 yrs ago. I have been hospitalized for internal bleeding and I have several other issues. I never kinked them to my Essure until now. If you go out on Google search Essure law suits there are several forums.  I was giving this number for an attorney who can direct you to who is handling the law suits. 215-790-7300

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)