Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Does Anyone Know of Any Essure Procedure Law Suits

Posted by   + Show Post

Does anyone know of any Essure lawsuits or recalls?  I had this procedure done in July 2009 and I have been having every problem that could happen.  The messed up thing about it is that I was kind of forced or manipulated into doing this by my doctor.  Someone please help.

Lisa Lo

by on Oct. 7, 2009 at 10:47 PM
Replies (41-48):
Rlmama00
by Bronze Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I call bs on your story. I was scheduled to have Essure, had to sign a bunch of paperwork and was supposed to have blood work done a few days prior. The day before my blood work was to be done I cancelled. Why would you go along with a medical procedure and not know anything about it and why would your dh just sit by?

cuellarhatcher7
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I am deeply sorry about your lost child and Essure experience. It is 2013 now and I came upon this discussion doing research. After reading your story and many others I have decided this is not the route I will take after the birth of my 5th child. I hope you have found the help you needed for the loss of your precious son and the Essure procedure being forced on you.

MommaKael
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this
What would he gain??? Thay are paid to convince patients by the sales people of these pharmaceutical companies to promote their products. Big bucks!!!!

Quoting Jeckers:

Sounds like you need to consult a lawyer! see if he thinks you have a case. Technically you might not, but the lawyer would know better than a panel of moms that have never been to law school! You sounded like you should not have gotten the essure, but at the same time the Dr. seemed to be looking out for your health? what would he gain by forcing essure on you? 

Sorry you are going through this and for your loss!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:46 AM

i had the essure and have had no issues,. sorry you have.

CharlotteRose
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Exactly!!

Quoting ff-princess:

god forbid anyone take any kind of personal responsibility for their actions.  who can we sue?

Ashlymae2513
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Please read!!! I had key word had the essure !!! Here's some info an my daughter is now 10 mths old :) Lakeshore Surgical Center made medical history less than one year ago by being the first facility to perform an Essure Tubal Occlusion Reversal. The Essure procedure is a new type of Tubal Ligation, for women who want a permanent type of birth control or sterilization. The Essure procedure has only been performed for a little over 5 years and is reported to be permanent and NOT reversible by the manufacturing company. On November 5, 2007 Dr. William A.C. Greene Jr. and Dr. Wendell Turner at Lakeshore Surgical Center, were the first surgeons in the country to perform an Essure Reversal.
Ashlymae2513
by on Nov. 21, 2013 at 11:27 PM
By the way my doc never gave me a blood or urine test b4 I got essure but then again I'm guiding bc I said at the time I haven't had any intercourse and my son was three mths old so that's prolly why he didnt :) but like I said u can have it reversed just gotta do your research and it cost the same amount it did to take it out as it did to put it in my last and final child is ten months old but only go to a doc that has proof of a successful rate and stories
AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Nov. 22, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I had to force my Dr to give me the Essure. I have had no issues so I am no help. And your problem seems like its with your Dr, not the Essure.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)