Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Families Waiting to Adopt Frozen Embyos

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM
  • 28 Replies
  • 2474 Total Views

The purpose of this post is for those who are seeking to place their embryos.    Below are families that are hoping to adopt them and waiting to be matched. 

Please only post here if you are a family hoping to be matched with an embryo family.  If you are one of those families, please tell a little bit about yourself. (Feel free to show pictures of your family) :))

Tracy Waring

Learn more about our family by checking out our links below
Embryo Adoption blog    Living Stones ministry 

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvAdoptedKids
by Group Owner on Jan. 25, 2009 at 6:28 PM

The Waring Family:

Hello....  My name is Tracy and my husband (Richard) and I have been married for 20 years and our infertility is because my husband was born without a vas deferens (sp?).  This is something we did not know until after a few years of trying to conceive with no success.  The doctor even teared up when telling us that we would NEVER be able to conceive a child biologically together.  This was completely heartbreaking for us because we desired children so deeply.   We attempted pregnancy through donor insemination's until our money was gone.  On our last attempt ...(using my mother's credit card) LOL, I did conceive only to m/c in the first few weeks.    Our hopes of having a baby....a family of our own was completely devastated.  We couldn't believe that God would place such a deep rooted desire for children and then make it completely impossible for that desire to be fulfilled.  But, what we learned was that God had another plan for us. We now have three children brought to us through different open adoptions.

Bailey,16..Addison,10... and Levi,2 years old 

With each child we were able to witness their births although with our son, I witnessed his birth but had no idea at the time that he was to be my son.  It's funny how God works. 

Bailey's Birth...I was so scared to hold her.  Thought I might drop her. LOL 

This is Addison...Our first time to touch her...She was so tiny!

Our son Levi... I held him at birth but he didn't become my son until he was 13 months old.  To be at his birth and have these photos is such a treasure!

This road of adoption to build our family has been an amazing journey. One that I would never change!  We've learned the lessons of waiting over the past 20 years as our family was being built and now,our hearts are waiting to add to our family through frozen embryo adoption.  We are hoping this will happen some time this year.  It blows my mind that this form of adoption is even possible.  So...we are currently in the place of praying, praying, praying that God will bring to us our precious embryo babies soon and the process of implantation will happen and be a success.  We've learned that ALL things are possible and continue to pray for God to show His will for our lives.  It's my hope that in sharing our story and our pictures that someone else might be encouraged and possibly a family looking to place their embryos would contact us.  Here is our blog that gives more information about our family. 

http://waringembryoadoptionjourney.blogspot.com/

We are hoping to have an open relationship with our embryo family.

Thanks for considering our family...t.

Tracy Waring

Learn more about our family by checking out our links below
Embryo Adoption blog    Living Stones ministry 

MrsBonsai
by on Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:13 PM

We're working with the NEDC & Bethany Christian Services to adopt our embryos.  But we are a waiting family.

I have PCOS, and my eggs are bad, and that is why we were unable to conceive on our own.

We are also doing domestic infant adoption.  We plan to complete both adoptions. 

Julie - 35 & Joerg - 37
Married May 7, 1994
seeking concurrent adoptions:
domestic infant home study approved 11/30/2007
embryo adoption home study approved 07/15/2008
Initial appointment & mock transfer scheduled at NEDC: 10/7/2008
angelserena
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 6:50 PM

I am really posting here to thank the couples who have made the very difficult decision to donate their embryos and place them for adoption.   Thank you so much for loving your babies enough to give them a chance at life, even if it means that life cannot be with you.  And thank you so much for making it possible for other couples to be able to have a chance at being parents. 

My DH and I have been trying to add to our family for 6 years and we have had 2 failed domestic/private adoptions within this time.  We would require IVF w/ICSI due to severe MFI, but have decided not to pursue this option for several reasons.  DH has Crohn's disease and with the extremely high chances of passes this on to our children we were worried.  PGD was not an option ethically (we are very pro-life and how could we let any of our babies just die because they were not "perfect"?).  Donor sperm also was not an option for us; it just didn't feel right on so many levels for us.  There is also the issue of cost; after our failed adoptions and the cost consideration of the risk of attempting IVF & ICSI, it was just out of our reach.  After a lot of prayer and research we decided to pursue embryo adoption, and currently we are on the waiting list with a local clinic.

For you others who are here waiting too - I am praying for you and your families as well, for peace in the waiting and for your perfect match.

mother-of-5
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2009 at 4:40 PM

what is a mock transfer?  I mean I know it means a fake transfer but can you explain to me why they do this and what all is involved?

MrsBonsai
by on Feb. 3, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Quoting mother-of-5:

what is a mock transfer?  I mean I know it means a fake transfer but can you explain to me why they do this and what all is involved?

Mock transfer is where the doctors put you through a cycle to make sure of a number of factors including:

1. your lining will grow thick enough

2. they measure the depth of your uterus and curavture so when they transfer the embryos they place them in the right area without disturbing the back of the uterus, and they don't have any surprises.

So basically for a mock they put you on something like estrace, to build your lining.  At the right cycle day (about 14 to 17) they bring you in for that trans-vaginal ultrasound, a saline solution ultrasound thing (forgot what that kind is called) and they run through a trial transfer of the embryos (a dry run so to speak, no embryos involved at this point ;) ).

I hope this helps! :D

Julie - 35 & Joerg - 37
Married May 7, 1994
Initial appointment & mock transfer scheduled at NEDC: 10/7/2008
jordan2211
by on Feb. 19, 2009 at 11:05 PM

I'm pretty new to all of this. I actually just really came across the idea of donating embryos - i hope this doesn't seem too ignorant, but i am wondering if there is a big demand for embryos?

MrsBonsai
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Quoting jordan2211:

I'm pretty new to all of this. I actually just really came across the idea of donating embryos - i hope this doesn't seem too ignorant, but i am wondering if there is a big demand for embryos?

There's a large demand for them, especially through clinics, because people are afraid of homestudies. 

The agencies also have a lot of clients.  But there are so many frozen embryos, that more and more become available all the time (not all of the over 500,000 embryos frozen in storage in the USA alone are available for adoption/donation yet), so it goes fairly quickly, through agencies.

I understand that a lot of clinics and cryo places (who also have their own lists) have waiting lists anywhere from 1 to 3 years in length.

I hope this helps :)

Julie - 35 & Joerg - 38
Married May 7, 1994

MATCHED Embryo Adoption on 02/06/2009
TRANSFER will be on 03/24/2009
hmacgillivray
by on May. 1, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Hi! My name's Heather and I'm new to this concept.  Believe it or not, until last month, I didn't even know that such a thing was possible. 

My husband, Brian, and I decided that we wanted to adopt again back in November, 2008.  We started out looking to adopt a young child from the foster care system and quickly got very  frustrated with the system.  Then, we explored adoption agencies that specialize in infant adoption.  Again, we got pretty disgusted with the restrictions and fees.  We even had one agency tell us that we were "too old."      confused(I'm not even 40 years old and Brian is only 42.)                                                       

Anyway, having been through an independent adoption previously, we decided to go it on our own again.  We consulted with an adoption attorney to determine what was legal and what wasn't in our search for a birth mom, we ordered our clearances, and we hired the county investigator to do our homestudy.  I came across an article about embryo adoption while I was trying to determine the best place to post our adoption profile. 

We have been married for 15 years and our biggest challenge has been infertility. Both of us are from large families and we were looking forward to having a large family of our own. Apparently, nature had other plans.  I had ruled out the possibility of ever carrying a child of my own years ago and had accepted that I would never experience pregnancy.  Having experienced infertility, you must know how difficult that is.  To learn that I may be able to adopt an embryo was very exciting!!  What an incredible idea!!  It seems like such a win-win situation!!  I am thrilled at the possibility of carrying a child of my own. 

dimplesstamping
by New Member on May. 15, 2009 at 10:45 PM

We did embryo adoption and have a wonder very smart 3 1/2 year old son.  He is adorable!  Email me if you have questions.

laprell
by New Member on Jun. 20, 2011 at 11:14 PM

I currently have no children due to my inability to conceive. I'm just beginning on this journey after a failed adoption and failed natural attempts. I am single but feel that I'm supposed to be a mother even if I'm not yet a wife.

Hoping to complete an FET in the next 18 months, but still learning where to start.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)