Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey, all! Moving to York, very soon!

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 143 Total Views

Hi, all! My name is Molly and I am moving back to York, in the next couple of weeks, and can't wait! I will be there for at least a year, while my husband is on deployment. I haven't lived there in almost 9 years, and haven't visited in almost 2 years...so I am a little excited...and, also, hoping I remember where everything is. :) Also, hoping to meet other moms, too! I have three children, Brendan, who will be 8, Alex, who will be 6, and Caitlynn who is 2. :) So, that's a slight intro on me, you can read more about me on my blog, though, at www.mollypeckham.typepad.com. :D Ok, enough rambling now! :D

by on Apr. 17, 2009 at 6:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Cavemama
by Member on Apr. 18, 2009 at 2:49 PM

Hi Molly!  My name is Elana (rhymes with iguana).  I have lived in East York with my husband, Brett for the past 2+ years.  I have a wee 5 month old, Soren. 

A couple of things about me; I love crafting--I visited your blog--I do a little scrapbooking, myself...I also used to work as a photographer, before I got into nursing, so it seems we have some things in common. I sew, use cloth diapers, try to be green, knit, go to auctions, breastfeed as much as possible, paint, hula hoop (check out http://madhoopers.blogspot.com), garden, go caving, hiking...uhhh, really too many interests to list...

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to get together once you move back!   I sometimes have "Hoop Gatherings" if you and the kids would like to do something fun!

brittslaundro
by New Member on Apr. 19, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Hi, my name is Brittny...I am 18, I have a 6 month old daughter and right in the city, have only lived in york for about 4 months, but I grew up about 20-30 minutes away...I spend most of my time at home with my daughter Madden. My husband works full time so I can stay home... I like to play bingo,take walks with Madden,i tried to get into scrapbooking but just don't have the touch,lol...But my email is Brittslaundro06@yahoo.com... if you are interested in talking

MollyPeckham
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2009 at 7:40 AM

Thanks, gals!

I should be in York in about two weeks, or so. I am thinking it's going to take me about another week after that to get use to the time difference (it's a 6 hour difference), but after that, I am sure I will be ready to hang out. My husband won't be here, with me, he goes out on his deployment, one of the reasons I am headed home. Another reason is due to health issues (I have a blood clotting disorder), and, for another reason...but too long to write here...rofl! I can't wait to move home!:D It's been so long even since I visited, much less lived in York, so I am looking forward to coming home! :)

Love_Catss
by New Member on Apr. 24, 2009 at 1:04 PM

This is also for anyone else who interested in new friends. My name is Kelli, i'm 24, stay home mom. Hubby works in MD and we live in York, about 2 mins from the York Galleria (only one car). But I am looking for any moms to make friends and with my kids. They are 4, 2, and 16 months. Hubby gets home around 6-6:30pm, so I can hang out or meet up after that. Sundays usually free and some saturdays.

MollyPeckham
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2009 at 8:01 AM

I am always interested in getting together with others. :D I will let you all know when I am flying out, and when things will settle down, too. :D

AngelxBaby07
by on Apr. 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Hey! Im looking for some moms w/ kids around my DDs age and such. Im Ashley and Ill be 21 in July and I have a 18 month old daughter named Braya. Im not the type to go out to play GROUPS but would love to hang out, go to the mall, the park, whatever. Im just looking for friends, I lost all myne when I got pregnant and SO works 12 hr swing shifts.... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN