Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just curious. Did you plan it this way?

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 674 Total Views

Poll

Question: Were your 2 under 2 planned?

Options:

Yes, both were planned

The first was planned, second was a surprise

Second was planned, first was not

Neither were planned

Other (explain)

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 18

View Results

I was just wondering how many moms PLANNED to have their babies so close together and how many just got surprised. With my first, she was semi-planned. We took the whole "Whatever happens happens" approach. The second was a little more of a surprise. I was on the last week of my last pack of BC pills and was apparently fertile within a week of going off them. What about everyone else??
by on Dec. 5, 2010 at 3:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
yellownes8
by Member on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:27 PM

i put other...we werent really trying but werent preventing either

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
Ronique1989
by New Member on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM

Neither were planned for me but the hubby had this all planned...I guess we were on separate pages at the time lol

dmom27
by on Dec. 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM

The first one was totally planned.  We knew that we definitely wanted a second one close...  but it turned out to be a little closer than we anticipated.  We didn't start birth control because we did want a second baby fairly soon.  I never even had a period.  When I started feeling a little bit under the weather I thought:  "Hey!  I bet I'm gonna start my period again soon."  Nope!  I think I got pregnant on my very first cycle.  Went from pregnant to pregnant.  Wow!  The boys are 11 1/2 months apart.  When the second was born I said:  "I can't be in labor!  The first one isn't even one yet!"  My customers at work kept commenting:  "Haven't you been pregnant for like 2 years straight?"  "YES!  Yes, I have."  Wouldn't change it.  We got everything we wanted in record time!

tnunley
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Just didn't think it would happen so fast!  18mo gap, I hope, won't be so bad!

julietelise
by on Aug. 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Both were planned, but considering we had to take fertility meds with the first one, the 2nd was not expected to happen naturally so soon! Very happy and thankful either way :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)