Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you get your two into and out of the car?

Posted by   + Show Post

Here's another question. How do you get your two or more children under two into and out of the car?  There could be a number of different methods in regards to this because of children's ages, types of car seats etc.  Any tips you have that work for you might help out another mom in need.  Let us know what works best for you.

driving

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Replies (11-16):
jackjackpac
by on Jun. 12, 2009 at 1:49 PM

we have a Jeep wrangler so it's pretty cramped in the back with two car seats.  I always put the toddler in first (usually while having the baby in a sling or some other carrier).  Then I open the back hatch and put the baby in over the back seat.  It's actually pretty easy getting them in.  It's getting them in and out repeatedly that stinks.

mommato2boys79
by New Member on Jul. 16, 2009 at 7:34 AM

i get the baby out first and then i go to the other side of the truck and then i put the baby's car seat beside me and the truck and then get the older lil one out and when putting them back in i go in the opposite order

Sabrina & Benwedding web sitea wedding websiteCafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Miss_Magnolia.
by on May. 17, 2010 at 10:48 PM

My daughter is in the carrier and my son is a GREAT walker/hand holder. We have his car seat on the side of the car by the sidewalk so I can sit her on the side walk while buckling my son, and carry her over to her side.

I will never leave my house when they are both walking.. ;)

Papoose
by New Member on May. 19, 2010 at 12:42 AM

I would put my youngest one in the car first then the eldest.

Taking out: Depending on how young. 
-  If infant I would take the infant out; which is still in the car seat, then my eldest. The baby's not going any where.
- Still if the youngest is still not very mobile then the youngest first then the eldest. Young one won't get into much trouble as to the eldest.
- If you have an older child that can walk then I get him out first have him walk to the door and take out the youngest and all walk together.

As to sleeping children:
- Get the youngest one in the house first then the eldest. Don't worry the child won't DIE right away! haha! =) You are coming back for him anyways. I've had to do this many times already. I'm not worried anymore. I do move quick if it's HOT out and the air is thin regardless of cracked open windows.

dmom27
by on Feb. 28, 2011 at 3:50 PM

At home I can park right next to the front door.  I usually bring them out one at a time.  1 year old first.  Buckle him in and give him a toy to play with.  Then I go back in to get the 2 year old.  Buckle him in and let him know I have to go back in for the diaper bag, etc.  He says "Okay mommy!"  Now we're on our way!  When we go anywhere I always park next to the carts so I can grab one and load them both in. Otherwise I have my double stroller.  I put the 1 year old in first, and then the 2 year old.  When we get home, I take the groceries and bags in first...  then the boys.  I grab the 1 year old, and then the 2 year old holds my hand and we walk in.     

causeimb
by New Member on Mar. 19, 2011 at 12:08 AM

I have a almost 27 month old and a 10 month old and have a crossover

I walk out carrying my 22lb 10month old and holdinng my older sons hand. I put the baby in 1st while ds is holding onto my pants  or he's in his elmo harness and im holding onto him. After the baby is in his seat. I put my oldest in the car on the other side and buckle them both in.

After all of this im usuaily sweaty and ready to go right back in the house and take a nap.

It really is exhausting!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN