Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

potting training -boy

Posted by on May. 10, 2009 at 2:49 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 512 Total Views

i need help on how to start potting training my son who is 17 months old...he's pooped in his potty chair once but hasn't done anything since...i've gotten him some boxer briefs just like his daddy but i don't think he even knows what they're for...someone please help!

mommies angels

princesses born feb 09

by on May. 10, 2009 at 2:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
averydog
by Group Owner on May. 10, 2009 at 4:29 PM

Give it some time. It definitely doesn't hurt to start early but from what I hear it takes longer to train boys, so don't get frustrated if he doesn't catch on right away. Have you thought about Pull-Ups? We used them for Kora and they made cleaning up accidents so much easier - however I do agree with the argument that they are still too absorbent and don't make the child uncomfortable enough when they do have an accident for that added motivation.

Anyone else with suggestions?

Tesa

Miss_Magnolia.
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 9:34 PM

My son is two and we just ditched the diapers. We tried pull ups but the confuse him...yes the floor gets messy but he knows he has to potty.

My problem is not being able to be quick enough because of my 6m old. Dante tells me "potty" then pees before I can put my daughter down.

Day one we spend confusing him with pull-ups, but by the end of Day 2 he has gotten so much better and so much closer!

_muffin_
by on Jun. 8, 2010 at 9:49 PM

Wait until he can communicate when he has to go - before he has to go. My 2 year old has been letting me know for a little while after he went and now he'll let me know when he's going, but we still haven't gotten to the point that I can ask him if he has to go or he'll tell me before hand. Keep the potty around so he's used to it and don't stress about it. He'll pick up on the stress and become stressed himself. If you can, let him run around without a diaper (works better if you have a nice yard). My 2 nephews learned how to "water the flowers. "

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN