Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you show earlier and have more severe symptoms in your second pregnancy?

Posted by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 869 Total Views

I know a lot of moms just finding out they are expecting again are wondering what their second pregnancy might be like, especially having the two pregnancies so close together.

How was your second pregnancy? Did you show earlier? Suffer from harsher symptoms? How was it like or unlike your earlier pregnancy?

I know I showed earlier with my second and the symptoms were different. I was much more tired, but I could never decide if this was because I was pregnant and home all day with a young baby/toddler or if it was the pregnancy itself or even if it was because Logan was a boy. Also, my sciatic nerve had been bad here and there with Kora, but it was terrible with Logan. Luckily, I never really suffered from morning sickness with either pregnancy so I can't compare that, but maybe others can. I did have lots of pre-term labor/early contractions and I think that was from having the pregnancies so close together

Tesa

by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
jekka03
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM

I don't think that I showed any earlier with my second.  It was a much easier pregnancy for me.  With my first I was sick every day for the first 6 months.  I was barely sick at all with my second.  It's hard for me to decide if they were so different just because it was my first and second, or if they were different because my first was a boy and my second was a girl.  IDK

kerrin813
by on Oct. 14, 2009 at 9:00 PM

i must say i popped so fast this time...im not kidding at about 10/12 weeks i looked like i did at 20/22 weeks with my son...but i am 32 weeks now and i must also say i plateaued...now the belly is just getting a nicer shape and firmer...

also this pregnancy im assuming bc it was so soon, i feel like my uterus is saggy...lol...i cant explain it, i feel like i need a belly bra to hold it up, but it is killing my back!!!!!!-im in so much pain from my lower back this time

also maybe in my head but i swear this baby has more room in there-i see in my sono she is all stretched out and wiggly...my son was squished ...lol

i dunno maybe my uterus got stretched and didnt spring back enough...oh i also started strong braxton hicks about a month ago...with my son it wasnt until the last 3 weeks or so

jenny1675
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I am 16 weeks and I look like I did at 20 weeks with my first pregnancy. I popped very early. My first one was a girl and I was not very sick. I was maybe sick a week or two. This second one I have been feeling sick most of the time. We just found out it is a boy, so I don't know if that's the difference or not. I have no major complaints since we are so thrilled to have this experience, but its has been tougher the second time around. 

Congenial
by on Apr. 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM

1st - Boy...Very nauseous and dizzy. Showed early at 3months

2nd - Boy...Vomiting and a little nausea. Showed early at 3 months

3rd - ?...Very Nauseous and dizzy. Showing early too at 3 months

sweetpeajackson
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 7:55 PM

My first was a boy and the worst thing was heartburn other than that you would almost think i wasnt pregnant it was so good.

This time I'm showing big time at 6wks pregnant, major morning and sometimes all day sickness, super duper tired and i have the worst hormonal rage and attitude towards everything. I crave mexican food, and have lost 5lbs since i became pregnant. I'm hoping the change in pregnancy means its a girl!

JavaMama11309
by New Member on May. 21, 2010 at 1:23 PM

Well my first was a boy (born Nov 3, 2009) and I just found out I'm expecting again. So far, I have had crazy bad heartburn if I eat after 9pm, and I swear I can feel something moving and stretching in there! I'm not really showing yet, but my fiance said "I wondered why you weren't losing you belly anymore! You've got another one growing!" So maybe I am showing already after all. I'm pretty sure he's just crazy b/c I'm only at MAYBE 4-5 weeks! I'm really hoping for another boy, but we'll see!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)