Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do your children wake each other up?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:53 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 621 Total Views

This is a common concern for a lot of moms expecting their second. I know I worried about it. When my kids were little they never woke each other up. But now they share a room and at 2 and 3 when one is up for the day they make sure the other is up too. It works out okay in the morning, but at naptime one is usually still tired and grumpy. I definitely think if they had their own rooms this wouldn't be an issue.

Tesa

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 7:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
JessalynnJade
by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 10:40 AM

Not necessarily.  My kids have their own rooms and they still wake eachother up.  If one hears the other get up to go potty, they get up too.  I even have fans running in their rooms to block out background noise, but they still hear.  I actually like it better that they get up together.  They are 3 and 22 months.  I like being on a strict schedule though.  We get up by 7 no matter what.  Down for nap by 1, up by 3.

sweetpz
by New Member on Aug. 28, 2009 at 11:11 AM

My two youngest wake each other.  Not on purpose but when my 2 year old gets up he feels the need to yell for me.  When the baby wakes up he cries, of course, and sometimes that bothers the 2 year old, sometimes not.  They are in seperate rooms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)