Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TO HAVE OR NOT TO HAVE?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 668 Total Views

Poll

Question: have you had a positive experience having children around two years or younger apart?

Options:

Yes its a great age gap

No, wished they were further apart.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

i want another child. Our son is 13 months old. My husband isn't on board. He said if I could do a pole and the majority sided with having another baby he would say yes. So here I am doing a pole!  Please help me out. Thanks

by on Sep. 22, 2009 at 9:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
averydog
by Group Owner on Sep. 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Great poll! I'm interested to see what others have to say.

I voted Yes, because now as toddlers I absolutely love having them so close in age. They love the same toys, books, tv shows. They are both on the same page creatively so they can imagine a story or scenerio and play pretend for ages. I could go on and on about the positives at the toddlers stage. The pregnancy and newborn stage was rough for me. I won't sugarcoat it, but if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, that one day it will be worth it, it won't be so bad. Just remember every three months or so the new baby will hit a milestone and life will get easier and easier.

If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me, I'd be happy to answer anything I could for you. It's a big decision!

Tesa

lauramotter
by New Member on Sep. 23, 2009 at 4:12 PM

said yes.. my babies r 11 months n a half apart.. it does keep u kinda busy 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

yellownes8
by Member on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:33 PM

my kids are 15 months apart. my younger daughter is only 4 weeks old and so far it has been a lot of work...esp. because my 15 month old doesnt really understand that she has to be careful around the baby. she always wants to touch her and grab her and stuff like that...i cant even leave the room to go to the bathroom or any other room without bringing one of them with me. from everyone i talked to that have kids close in age though they said they wouldnt have it any other way because once they get older they keep eachother busy and have a lot of fun together!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
MamaBear2cubs
by on Dec. 6, 2010 at 11:35 PM

My babies are 17 months apart and the jealousy my oldest has towards his sister is unreal. I would not recommend a close gap between ages it is very difficult for me.

HWOL
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM

I love having my boys 16 1/2 months apart. I thought it would be hard, but its wonderful. I will say though I wouldn't want a newborn now DS is 21months. I'm glad DS2 is old enough DS1 isn't going to really hurt him with his aggressive loving and trying ti help baby play with toys (ie shovin toys in his mouth to 'help'

Personally We think under 18 months or over 2 1/2 years works for us, but much of it depends on childs personality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN