Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birthday Party For Jesus

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 418 Total Views

Do you have a birthday theme Christmas party for Jesus?

This will be our first year doing this and was wondering if anyone else ever has

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
SoGlad2BMom
by New Member on Dec. 24, 2008 at 12:52 AM

Obviously I am replying to the post too late to be of any help to you....but.....

I've been in Children's Ministry a long time and I have done many different curriculum themes at Christmas and the kids usually love and relate to the Birthday party for Jesus.  I remember one year we even sang Happy Birthday to Jesus complete with cake!

But my favorite theme ever was the year I did "Finding Christ in Christmas"  I started early and took many of the traditional Christmas Items and related them to Jesus.  Candy Cane, Ornamemts, Christmas Tree.....Wreath, etc. I researched the origin of each. I gave each of the kids one of the items to take home as a reminder of how Jesus is the Reason for the Season!  And how He can be found in every aspect of Christmas.   They loved it!  But I think I loved it more - I learned so much!  LOL  But that is usually the way it happens, isn't it?  :)

Thanks for teaching "His" Kids!

For the Sake of "HIS" Kidz,

SoGlad2BMom

meme0722
by New Member on Dec. 28, 2008 at 9:33 AM

i Know this is to late for this year but we have had a birthday party for Jesus for several years and what we do is we throw a real part and the kids bring presents for infants new or used in good shape and we play games and have cake and ice cream the whole thing then we invite a local spealer from a charity call the Stevens Center to speak they're a charity that help young mothers. they give then the stuff they need and teach them have to care for babies. then we donate all the gifts to them for the babies

this help us teach about the birth of Jesus and teaches about giving too two lesson for one and it is a lot of fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)