Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Children's church age group....

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 427 Total Views

At the request of our pastor and several parents, we recently changed the age group for our children's church.  I really didn't have a choice in the matter but was curious as to the trend in other churches....

In your children's church - what age do you target?

Thanks,

For the Sake of "HIS" Kids,

~Tina  

“The outside of a horse is good
for the inside of a person" 
             ~Will Rogers~

Hebrews 13:5
....be content with what you have, because God has said 'Never will I leave you or Forsake you!'

by on Jan. 2, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mlr
by Group Owner on Jan. 5, 2009 at 1:31 PM

we do 3 year olds to 5th grade

SoGlad2BMom
by New Member on Jan. 6, 2009 at 11:44 PM

Quoting mlr:

we do 3 year olds to 5th grade

Thanks so much for sharing with me!  If you don't mind, I'd like to ask one more question.....

Do the 6th grades and up stay in regular church service or is there a different service for them?

Thanks so much,

For the Sake of "HIS" Kids,

~Tina  

“The outside of a horse is good
for the inside of a person" 
             ~Will Rogers~

Hebrews 13:5
....be content with what you have, because God has said 'Never will I leave you or Forsake you!'

mlr
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2009 at 3:26 PM

On Sundays they stay with the adults but on Wednesday they have their own class.

Carrie5683
by Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Our childrens ministry is also preK- 5th.Its kind of sad because when our kids move up to 6th grade they really don't feel ready, at least at our church.Our youth group is mostly teens about 15-18 yrs old and so our little middle schoolers don't really feel like they fit in with them.I would like to see someone who could kind of make a branched off group of the youth just for those young teens, between  ages 12-14/15..

Does anyone know how I can remove this underline thing ?I have no idea why it underlines everything..I must have hit a button or something recently and not realized it

SoGlad2BMom
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2009 at 11:59 AM

Quoting Carrie5683:

Our childrens ministry is also preK- 5th.Its kind of sad because when our kids move up to 6th grade they really don't feel ready, at least at our church.Our youth group is mostly teens about 15-18 yrs old and so our little middle schoolers don't really feel like they fit in with them.I would like to see someone who could kind of make a branched off group of the youth just for those young teens, between  ages 12-14/15..

Does anyone know how I can remove this underline thing ?I have no idea why it underlines everything..I must have hit a button or something recently and not realized it

I am currently trying to work with the age group you mentioned....we call them the tweens (11, 12, 13 and 14).  You are so right they don't really fit in with kids and they certainly don't fit with the teens or adults....they are in between.

As far as the underline .... looks like you his the I icon for italics and also hit the U next to it for underline.  Next time it happens, just hit the same key again and it will go away. 

And thanks so much for sharing about your church....it really helps to see how others are doing things and how it is going!

For the Sake of "HIS" Kidz,

SoGlad2BMom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)