Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Being married to a cop is harder than i thought...HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 406 Total Views

Hi my name is Violet and i just got married to a cop(Sheriff Deputy)!!  I love him but his job is starting to drive me crazy!!  I stress from the second he walks out the door to the second he walks in the door...I'm so proud of him and all he has done i just need some tips and pointers and how to keep it together!!  thanks in advanced!!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
karma729
by on Aug. 10, 2010 at 3:49 PM

hello Violet, i myself am married to a police officer, we've been together for almost 19years and he's been in the police department for 4 years now.  i know what you mean in how stressful it is when they leave the house and its like my husband says he knows what time hes going to his job but not what time hell be home.  i myself try not to think hes a out there because if not that will drive me insane.  i try to think hes on his job and that's it., but I can't help to think the worst if i text him and he doesn't reply.  i just ask him to reply with a k to let me know he's OK if we havent talk to each other that day.  i think i don't think that much of it because my dad was a cop and my mom never made it seem like anything could happen to him in the street.  she wold reserve the worries to herself, i try to do the same thing with my kids.  i don't show them when i'm worried because i dont want them to be thinking anything bad. try to distract your mind with anything reading, your work.  hope this helps you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)