Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 941 Total Views

Hello! I am new to this group! My name is Misha and I am 25 with 2 little boys. I am an Air Force wife to a K9 Handler and we just got orders to Ramstein. I had a few questions. First how much is BAH for an E4? How much is Cola? How does that work? Better to live on base or off? soo many more. I am really excited to go and I hope to make some great friends. Thank you for your help!

by on Oct. 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Hey! My hubby and I are at Ramstein! He is SF and we live off base! Im not sure abut the cola right now,or BAH either haha. The on base housing list is long so Im sure youll prolly end up off base! Its so nice here and i think youll like it better off base! When do you PCS here? I am looking for new friends too! If you have any more Q's just message me k! :)

CafeMom Tickers
by Member on Oct. 19, 2009 at 12:58 PM

Hi Misha,

My name is Melba & I live 10 mins from Ramstein.  I am also an FRG Leader & have several weblinks that might help you to prepare for your move.  I have included a couple of sites that explain BAH & COLA and the webpage where I got the info from.  I have many others like the driver's handbook, housing, etc.  Just let me know what you need.  Hope these two sites help & welcome to Germany!

by New Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM

hello im Amanda Hostutler I have a 1 year old boy and we will get to Ramstein on Nov. 16th my hubbie is SF and we will also be new to the place so it will be great to know people who are going through the same move and experiences as us Welcome to RAMSTEIN !!!

by New Member on Mar. 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Hi my name is Dusty and i have two kids. We will be at Ramstein in Nov. sometime. Anyone know a good place to live off base? And about schools?

by New Member on Jun. 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Hello Misha, We moved here in March and it has been an experience.  There is so many things people didnt tell us that we seriously needed to know before we got here.  #1 piece of advice... save as much as you can before you get here.  Yeah, they reimburse you for things but sometimes it takes awhile.  You will find you will thank me later if you have money saved for emergency use.  Eating out is rather expensive too.  It is nice but boy will it cost you.  We have a family of 4 and I think if we eat on the economy at a Germany restuarant we spend about 50 or 60€.  Granted I do have a older son that can't eat kids meals any more.  Still, 50-60€ equates to about 80-90  American dollars.  It isn't cheap.  Just to kinda give you a heads up.  If you have any other questions please feel free to write and ask.  I promise not to hold anything back.  Other than MONEY.... Germany is a beautiful place and you learn to adapt.  there is so much to see and do.  Just got to get settled and figure it all out like we did.  Can't wait to get to know you..... <3 Heather 

by New Member on Sep. 7, 2010 at 4:33 PM

We will be PCSing in Feb and are expecting our new arrival in May!  Can't wait!

by New Member on Aug. 24, 2011 at 7:57 PM

Hey, I am an Air Force wife too (husband is an E-4 also) and we just got orders to Ramstein, I also am 23 with 3 kids (2 boys and a girl)..

Looking to meet some people and maybe make some friends =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)