Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Kasierslaughten

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 267 Total Views

My husband has been stationed in Kaiserslaugten(dont know how its spelled), and we move there the end of next month. Just looking for some insight about living in Germany, being so far away from home. We have a lil one just about to be a year and another due here in just three days. So im a little worried about how everything is.

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Janeeva2005
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 9:28 AM

We are living about 45 Min away from Kaiserslautern and I am german. I have a 3 y/o daughter and my 2nd daughter is 1 week old today. If you have any questions-feel free to ask ;-)

Photobucket
mommy2caden
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2009 at 9:00 AM

Hi!  I've been here since November.  It was difficult for us at first, getting used to everything and trying to find a home since we didn't have a car yet and couldn't drive until we took our driving tests.  I recommend studying for the test before you arrive and if possible, take the test where you are now.  Not every location has this available, but it's worth checking into.  It will make your transition much smoother.  Once you get settled, you will love it here!  Welcome, and feel free to contact me if you have questions.

kbell02
by New Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 7:07 AM

I have lived in the Ktown area since Nov of 2004. If you need anything just ask away.

Kristen

thesnyders81004
by Member on Feb. 1, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Here is a study guide you can use while you're in the states:

http://rmv.hqusareur.army.mil/drivrman/ss190-34.htm

It's really not as hard as it seems.  It's just so much info all at once.  Know they right of way & your signs for sure. 

Good luck!

Melba

Proud to be with him,

Spc. Snyder's Wife

teeternm08
by New Member on Feb. 2, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Thanks you guys you have all been really helpful! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)