Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Car insurance in Germany???

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 298 Total Views

My husband and i will be moving to germany shortly and im wondering what we need to do as far as car insurance goes? If anyone knows please help!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
armymomof2brats
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:51 AM

Well i go through USAA and i love them. I dont know about any other insurance.

preview image

preview image

Pregnancy ticker
tiff503
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM

We have ours through USAA also..I will warn you though your insurance will go up alot for coming over to Germany..So whenever you get a quote from someone don't be surprised..

3n2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:30 PM

Geico insures in Germany too.

AIG I believe also...

But as the PP said it will be a lot more expensive!!

You can also "shop" around when you get there, there are some other smaller companies that usually have a cheaper rate, they will be around the outside of the base.  You can always ask ppl when you get there too..then you can see what everyone else uses and where the best deals are.

We used a small insurance company that was located right out of the base (in Heidelberg, but I can't remember the name of the company) and our payments were a lot less than a lot of others we knew.  They even paid us on a claim once and it was really fast and easy to get payment.

3n2
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:32 PM

Another thing...if you have a car payment make sure they know that you are taking the car overseas.  We had a few friends run into problems with this (not sure what the problems were exactly), but you might want to clear it with them.

mommyoftwojoys
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 8:42 PM

USAA is the best to have that I know of. But when you do come... get ADAC.. they are a road assistance insurance and they are great to have. I know we got a flat tire come back from Frankfurt... and we had to call ADAC b/c no stateside insurance deals with tows over here... well adac had to come tow us and everything.. cost us about $800... it was horrible! And all b/c our spare tire was "stuck" under our trailblazer... so it sucked big time not having ADAC as our towing insurance!!!!

thesnyders81004
by Member on Jan. 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM

USAA is the way to go.  We have 2 cars & pay $55!  That's with ADAC.

Proud to be with him,

Spc. Snyder's Wife

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)