Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP ME PASS PLEASE!!!!

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 232 Total Views

So I just found out that I failed the transcription portion.....again!  So I have only 1 more shot at it.  This time I will study even harder & take vacation days for when I plan on retaking the final.  While studying for the second time around I did redo the old transcriptions....but re-doing the old transcriptions does not seem to be helping me much.  Any ideas of what else I can do to improve???? 

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MTinTexas
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2008 at 7:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you did not pass.  Make sure to leave blanks when you are not 100% sure of something..  Look at your test and see where your mistakes were. Maybe that can help prevent you from making the same mistakes next time.  Use all the time you have.  Leave the reports and come back a few hours later and listen again.  Do that more than once if you need to.  Make sure that the context matches, etc.  (Sometimes PSA and TSH sound the same and if it's a female patient, you know it isn't a PSA!)

Have you called a student counselor?  I know there are times that they can help you.  If you're comfortable with any of the moderators on the forum, ask them for help as well.  CS will help you!  They can look at your reports and tell you where you need to concentrate. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes!!!

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)