Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is 3rd time a charm?

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 244 Total Views

I am going to take the Career Step final for the 3rd time next week.  I really feel like this has been a waste and that they make it impossible to pass.  The dictation sounds like crap! At this point I really just want to be done with it.  I can't imagine that I'm going to be able to actually make any money after all this effort.  They said if I didn't pass this time that they would send me a certificate of completion instead of graduation.  Then I will have wasted money, time, and effort and will have come out of this with nothing.  Who actually has a job and what kind of money is there to be made?  I would love some honest feedback.

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MTinTexas
by Group Owner on Jan. 22, 2009 at 8:32 AM

I know one lady on the CS forum that found a job with a certifcate of completion so it can be done.  Take your time on the exam.  Have you talked to a student counselor for advice?  Make sure you review the old exam and see where your weaknesses are.  Also, see if there is another option to play your sound files which might be easier to understand.

I graduated with high honors and found a job right away with Spheris, through their partnership.  I worked there for 18 months and now work for our local hospital.  Most days I make $30+ with 3 years' experience now. 

Hang in there!  You can do this.  It is not wasted time and money.  AND I'll let you in on a little secret ... real work is EASIER than the CS final!!!  :)

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)