Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Loans Can I Get?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 214 Total Views

So I see as far as financial aid options, that it lists getting a loan from SLM with a down payment and as low as $30 a month.  I was wanting to see if I would qualify for something like that without applying?  I mean, I'm still undecided about doing Career Step, but would probably want to get a loan if I do it.  Could I also get a bank loan?  Thanks

by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
ConnersMom03
by on Jan. 25, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Well, I went back to the SLM website and requested someone to call me with information.  So we'll see how that goes.  I would appreciate any more advise or information about how to get a loan.  Thanks!

MTinTexas
by Group Owner on Jan. 26, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi!

Of course you could apply for a loan through your bank for the cost of enrollment.  That is a great option.  Some people even take advantage of those 0% interest credit card offers that show up in your mailbox weekly!  You get a 5% discount through Career Step if you pay for the course in full. 

Career Step accepts the Sallie Mae loan and they also have a Conrad Acceptance Loan through CS directly.  From what I understand they can accept payments over a year or also have 4 equal payment plan.  Career Step also offers a scholarship of $50 up to 20% off so you might be interested in checking that out as well. 

Good luck to you!!!

Lyndi

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)