Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the group

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 232 Total Views
Hi everyone!
My name is Shawna.  I am 37 years old...married to the same husband for almost 14 years.  I have a daughter who is 12.  I live in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
I joined the group because I love cycling.  I was working out in my gym (bally's) and noticed the reaction cycling class.  I was timid because most of the people looked like they were lance armstrong types.  But eventually I got brave and the teacher who was teaching that day helped me so I felt I could achieve it.  And I got hooked.  And now just recent I got talked into a outdoor road trip...short one...and I did it.  The man who arranged the ride let us use his road bikes because I didn't have a "real" bike.  I just had a k-mart version of a mountain bike.  And now I am hooked.  I am out looking for a road bike.  And I have tried out many.  I am ready to hit the road.  And its all very funny....because I used to hate bikes...be seen on a bike....and I truly don't enjoy exercise.  But now...it's different.
I can't wait to hear all your stories and your adventures.
Bye!
Shawna;)
by on Jun. 20, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Labmom1979
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 2:35 AM
I just bought a bike that does both flat road and mountain riding (obviously you must change out the tires).  It is a Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra.  I LOVE this bike!!  It is super light weight and has the suspension that I love.  Check it out.  I paid $1300 but it is worth every penny.  I have a bike trailer attached to it since my daughter is only 1, but it rides like a dream!

Christy
Davida
by on Jun. 21, 2007 at 11:47 AM
Thanks for the info Christy....I am assuming it has 105 or above right (gears and shifters)?
I'll have to look that up in my cannondale catalog.  Is it women's specific?
Cool...
Thanks Christy
Shawna
Labmom1979
by on Jun. 24, 2007 at 1:30 AM
Hello!!
     It is not a woman specific bike, but as long as you get the right size for your body, it should work fine.  Cannondale does have a street femme, but I never test road it, so I really can't speak about it.  As far as the gears, I don't remember the exact number, but I would assume it is over 105.  I have not had the change to really flex it's muscles being that I am stuck to what the burley can take.  Let me know what you end up picking up!

Christy
rachelstauffer
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2007 at 5:04 PM
Welcome to the group.  I'm new also.  Just looking for other women who have the interest.  I have always loved biking, but most recently started taking it seriously.  I'm at least riding 4 or 5 days a week right now averaging about 10 miles or so.  Biking is tough, but I love it and it helps keep the weight off.  Having the IPOD on while biking makes a huge difference in my perforance.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)