Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

catchin' up

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:40 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 173 Total Views
Hey everyone!!!
Welcome to all the new cycling moms!!  I need to apologize for not being an efficient group leader. On June 21 my husband was in a work accident in Tulare Ca. (central valley) and I flew here (from Atlanta) on June 24. after 8 days in the hospital he was out and we went to work together. we are in an apartment in Visalia, Ca and I haven't been on my bike since may 9th. I am still in Cali and we are getting ready to be in the hospital again for two weeks of reconstructive surgery and rehab...so I won't see my bike for a while. boohoo!
I read all of the posts and you guys rock. It is great to hear what others are challenging themselves to do. My props go out to those of you who are pulling the little ones along with you. What a great way to introduce young one to the sport. And props to those of you who are riding in events (ms150) way to go!! I rode with Team in Training last year and it changed my life. I encourage anyone to do a ride for a cause.
Thats the catch up in a flash...
happy cycling,
Melissa
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 3:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
rachelstauffer
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 4:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear what happened to your husband.  How terrible to get injured on the job.  I hope that he is receiving good treatment and will be fully recovered.  It helps that much more for recovery that you are there will him all the way.  My prayers are with the both of you.

Thank you for the cycling gear tips.  We have one store in town that carries the Pearl Izumi stuff, but nothing that I liked.  I'll have to go online to find a store that sells it.

I have't been able to ride my bike to much either lately and it just bugs me.  I've been way to busy and other things are getting in the way of my bike riding.  UGHHHH!!!
Davida
by on Aug. 3, 2007 at 12:29 AM
Wow Melissa.....no YOU rock.  Taking care of your man and all.  I really hope he is ok.  I'll be praying for you and your hubby.
Is pulling little dogs count as pulling little ones?  just kidding  But seriously we did got a trailer that is supposed to be for kids for our 7 lb pekingnese.  It was a way to get our daughter on a bike....thus the whole family involved.  My husband thought I was nuts.  But in Oregon (where we used to live) people do it all the time....so I really don't care.
If there are any cycle moms out there who live in Pittsburg, Austin or Portland....lance's Livestrong organization has a ride for cancer.  If I lived in Oregon I would do it in a heartbeat.....he rides along with ya.
Our thoughts are with you....let us know if need anything from us!
Shawna;)
2monkees
by New Member on Sep. 11, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Hope your husband is doing better. It is so hard to have someone you love sick!! It just compounds the problem when you can't get the exercise and release you need. Hope he is doing better! Hang in there and hopefully he will be able to join you on the bike soon.  Thanks for starting this group.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)