Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Local OB/GYN recommendations

Posted by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 5:37 PM
  • 18 Replies
  • 3262 Total Views

This is where you can tell every one what OB/GYN you  have used and would recommend to other moms searching for a new doctor.

Please remember that this is for recommendations.  If there is a doctor that you do not like feel free to say so, but please do not use this post to bash them.  If you are interested in why someone doesn't like a doctor, please PM them. 

Here is a link to a post that has been going regarding OB/GYNs in the area;
http://www.cafemom.com/group/43199/boards/read/4940039/looking_for_a_great_ob_gyn_in_the_littlerock_north_littlerock_area

by on Oct. 16, 2008 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grandmasix
by on Oct. 22, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Dr. Rosie Seguin is a excellent OB/GYN next to Baptist Hospital in LR her number is 501-224-6699.

PaintedPixie
by New Member on Oct. 29, 2008 at 11:27 AM

I use Dr. Al Keller.  He is with the North Little Rock womens Clinic.  I like him a lot.  Although, He doesn't take high risk pregnancies or multiples.  I had twins and he kept me bc I had been his patient for several years and he knew my history.  All of the doctors in that practice are great.

their number is 501-835-9444

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

goldengirl7580
by New Member on Nov. 10, 2008 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

i would like to recomend dr. chang in nlr at springhill baptist. i used him with all 4 of my pregnancies and women issues thanks

taysmom07
by on Nov. 23, 2008 at 7:21 PM

For those who don't mind men doctors and live in Conway, I recommend Dr. Gullic located off College Street in Conway Arkansas. He is a super nice guy! I've had him for about 12 years now and he delivered my son.

free myspace comments         

Christy Justus

Independent Sales Representative for Avon
eRepresentative
Beauty Advisor
Leadership

To buy or sell Avon, contact me today!
Email: cnj4200@yahoo.com
Web Store: www.youravon.com/christyjustus

Kaydenz_Mom
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 3:43 PM

I recommend Dr. Gregory Wood. He is across the street from the Walmart Super Center In NLR. 5019559582. He does take high risk.

nathansmom0400
by on Dec. 8, 2008 at 4:50 PM

If you happen to be high risk, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Paul Wendel at UAMS.  With my third child, I was super-high risk (gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and a history of a blood clot in my lung from my second child).  Most docs wouldn't even talk to me.  He took me immediately, was always on top of the situation, very attentive (as was his nurse practitioner), and I had a textbook C-section delivery.  He's absolutely fabulous!

LoriMomx5
by on May. 3, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Dr. Marks at Baptist Springhill is very good.

Lori

ginger-mart
by on Jul. 21, 2009 at 1:12 AM

Quoting nathansmom0400:

If you happen to be high risk, I can't say enough good things about Dr. Paul Wendel at UAMS.  With my third child, I was super-high risk (gestational diabetes, high blood pressure, and a history of a blood clot in my lung from my second child).  Most docs wouldn't even talk to me.  He took me immediately, was always on top of the situation, very attentive (as was his nurse practitioner), and I had a textbook C-section delivery.  He's absolutely fabulous!

Paul delivered all four of my kids and I *adore* him.  If you're high risk you cannot ask for a better physician.  And Stephanie (his APN) is wonderful as well!  The wait can sometimes be long - but he is one of three board certified Maternal-Fetal Med docs in the *state* - which is why there is the wait to see him.  I recommend taking a book or needlework of some sort just in case you're in the waiting room for a long time.  ;)  He's totally worth it, though! I also like the fact that he won't give a patient grief for practicing Natural Family Planning since *he* does.  Love, love, love that!

I've also seen Dr. Chang recommended a lot - and I used to work with him many, many years ago (he left our clinic to go to NLR).  He's a great doc.

If you're Christian and want a doc who is very much faith-based in practice then you'd probably like Orman Simmons and Ken Singleton (those are the only two I know in the group) at Cornerstone Clinic for Women.

Slayter_Jen
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2010 at 4:56 PM

Dr. Bryan Fuller at Baptist Springhill!!!  He is the best!!!

Ashleigh29
by New Member on May. 15, 2010 at 12:24 PM

I would love to recommend Dr Pinter.  She was Dr Ulmer but got married and changed it which for a while she was going by Dr Ulmer-Pinter and I believe now has dropped the Ulmer since everyone as adjusted to name change.  Anyway she's a wonderful dr.  She's in the Central AR Women's Clinic in Benton and she does have an office or works out of one anyway one day a week at least that I know of in Little Rock as well. I was referred to her when I move to AR and what a great recommendation she was. Caring and Kind and fun too. Listens and answers questions really well. I delivered at Saline Memorial in Benton in May 2008 and most I've read have had bad experiences there and again mine was wonderful! I told my husband it was a much better experience then the BIGGER hospital I had my older son in back in Kansas. Soo smaller can be better! :) Dr Pinter also has Dr Caldwell in her office.  I haven't had to see him but I would if I had to he is good too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)