Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mini-clitorial modifications on american girls the AAP say's Okay

Posted by on May. 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 382 Total Views

http://org2.democracyinaction.org/o/5922/t/6483/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=2449

PLEASE SIGN!!!

Last week, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued a new policy statement proposing changes to the Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Act, a law that has prohibited any form of FGM in the U.S. since 1996.

Now, the AAP wants to change the law to allow a “ritual nick” of girls’ genitals, so families whose cultures accept FGM don't send their daughters overseas for the full genital cutting procedure.

these are american girls we are talking about, and a little nick off a baby girls clitoris is a mini clitordectomy.  all born people deserve equal rights, a fetus and a born girl are not the same, equal rights for all born people.

We can’t afford to allow our leaders to destroy the progress we’ve made in outlawing genital mutilation for our baby girls. We must act quickly – fill out the form below and send a message demanding that the AAP revoke its policy statement IMMEDIATELY.

we are talking about doing a procedure that damages the genitals of girls, for parents from cultures that want this to increase the financial value of their dds for arranged marriages, and want to continue this practice when they immigrate to the USA.

protecting abortion rights is very different than outlawing FGM!

a pregnant woman is in a special status, and to give fetal rights would diminish her rights to her own body, and an abortion returns her to a non-pregnant status. having a gentital modification does not return you to anything.  We are talking about altering a healthy body without consent, we are talking about the rights of this born individual, right to her body being taken away.

philosophical differences, and cultural differences and practices are fine until they take a peice of another persons body (or kill that person)

The right to have one's body be left in one's natural state must be protected.

by on May. 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Cat_P
by on Jun. 1, 2010 at 6:52 AM

And people wonrder why we still need feminists? Wow. This was very sad to read.

Imamom4sure
by Member on Jun. 7, 2010 at 3:07 AM

good newS!

the AAP withdrew its recent changes in the FGM policy and is now back to banning the practice!

thanks everybody who signed petitions! heres link to article

http://finance.alphatrade.com/story/2010-05-27/PRN/201005271517PR_NEWS_USPR_____DC12202.html

gosh, I was worried, and still if it happened so easily, it can happen again! but I thought my god this may eventually become routine like circumsion of boys in this country, since 100 years ago, circ was very rare in this country, no one would have imagined the routine and the things people say about it in favor of it 100 years ago, and many countries don't understand how the USA does this to boys, so I was worried that my granddaughters generation was gonna have routine modifications to their gentials, frankly, it still might happen, so we need to stay on top of FGM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)