Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 1672 Total Views

Poll

Question: How many of you...

Options:

Stay at home

Wish they could stay at home, but cant afford to

Work and proud of it!

Work part time

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 118

View Results

I was just wondering how many of you work, stay at home, or plan on working in the future? And what you think about it? I personally stay home, I cant get a good job any ways, but I also want to be the one teaching my daughter all the cool things I know!  Especially with all the differences I have with other family's (feminism, vegetarian, non Christian home)
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:48 AM

15 views and no vote's!  Come one!!!!all you have to do is click!  :)

ammasmama
by Member on Apr. 14, 2007 at 11:58 AM
you left out working at home...i'm going to return to our ebay empire, someday...soon as amma will let me sew,haha!
tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 14, 2007 at 2:37 PM
ohhh damn it! I they only have to many question slots!!!
tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 16, 2007 at 5:09 AM
Man I really need to learn how to type!
MsKimAndTwins
by New Member on Jul. 28, 2007 at 9:21 PM
I'm at home...but don't plan to be for much longer....I've decided it's really not for me, but I plan on going back to school only part-time so I'll still have lots of time with my babies.  Also, there's the childcare issue.  Initially I didn't think I could go back to school because I couldn't find childcare, but my sister is planning on arranging her school schedule so she can watch them 2 mornings a week so I can go to school.  :)
RadicalMama
by on Jul. 30, 2007 at 1:07 AM
I'm a student...  But when I start my career, it is going to be something where I can bring my kids along (I plan to start homeschooling my daughter next year).
MsKimAndTwins
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Quoting RadicalMama:

I'm a student...  But when I start my career, it is going to be something where I can bring my kids along (I plan to start homeschooling my daughter next year).

That's awesome... I like the idea of homeschool, but I want the time away from the kids.  :)
earthmama65
by on Sep. 17, 2007 at 7:22 PM
I work, but wish I were a SAHM.  I am a patent attorney with my own practice and can't really complain about it...I work about 30 hours a week and make really good money, but I miss my little baby so much.  I plan to homeschool him so I have some years to work that out....probably by working from home.
KayMa679
by New Member on Sep. 18, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Baby Daddy and I split up caretaking time 50-50, and work the rest of the time. We're not a couple anymore (sigh) which actually makes things a little easier because we don't have to try and get "together time". So we both have fixed part-time jobs (I work mornings, he afternoons) and then flexible work we can do from our respective homes on evenings and weekends.

I'm actually really proud of our arrangement. It feels great to work, to support myself, to have time away from my baby, but also to get to spend half of the day with her, and breastfeed and all that.
HippeeMama
by New Member on Sep. 20, 2007 at 1:18 PM
I am staying home for a limited time only before I finish my graduate degree.  It's sort of bittersweet to get to have this time, knowing it is so limited--and knowing also what we are sacrificing for it.  Overall, it is the best for everyone. I so value this baby time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)