Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poll

Question: How many of you...

Options:

Stay at home

Wish they could stay at home, but cant afford to

Work and proud of it!

Work part time

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 118

View Results

I was just wondering how many of you work, stay at home, or plan on working in the future? And what you think about it? I personally stay home, I cant get a good job any ways, but I also want to be the one teaching my daughter all the cool things I know!  Especially with all the differences I have with other family's (feminism, vegetarian, non Christian home)
by on Apr. 13, 2007 at 3:00 PM
Replies (31-37):
discokittten
by on Mar. 22, 2009 at 6:37 PM

I stay at home, but I'm also a graduate student.

ImBreeann
by on Apr. 23, 2009 at 2:56 PM

I am a stay at home mom and wife

bighoneybliss
by New Member on Jul. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

I've been a WOHM, a WAHM and a SAHM and all sorts of combos in between.  Each has its pluses and minuses.

These days, I work outside the home partime, 3 evenings a week, for the federal government.  Dp leaves work early those days, so we don't have any outside child care needs.  I get to be home during the day, so this set up affords us the ability to homeschool.  And I get to be home 4 evenings a week so we do get plenty of whole-family time.  I do miss the finances of working full-time (as do my creditors!) but I feel good about the balance we have right now.

BigHoney, fighting the kyriarchy since 1974.

imannieeggplant
by on Jul. 20, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Stay at home - and proud of it!

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
Anatole France

mamakrysoftwo
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:23 AM

I work part time until I have finish educating myself. 

missbrittani
by New Member on Mar. 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

There is no place for student. I am a single WAHM and going to school.

Bookwormy
by Member on Jul. 9, 2010 at 11:32 PM
I always wanted to work full-time & did except briefly during a layoff when my daughter was 4mo. My partner (the non-bio mom) wanted to be a SAHM & did so from when Shayna was 6wk & I ran out of FMLA due to bedrest to 14mo. She really didn't enjoy it like she thought she would, but it got better once Shayna was about 5 or 6mo. Now we are both working full-time again and Shayna first went to daycare & now is in a Montessori preschool. She is 3.5yo now. I think it was great to keep her home for the first year, & I think daycare & preschool are great for her too. & working full-time is good for me.

Samantha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN