Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Resources

Posted by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 10:36 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 485 Total Views

This is a place where anyone can list feminist resources; books, websites or other groups that deal with feminist issues. Hopefully this will be a starting places for new members who are unfamiliar with feminism!

by on Aug. 11, 2008 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jessilin79
by on Aug. 12, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Definitely hit my favorite blog:  www.feministing.com

Also, any of the books by the editor of that blog, Jessica Valenti, are worth a read.  I believe they are called Full Frontal Feminism, and She's a Slut, He's a Stud (and 49 other double standards). Something along those lines.  Sorry, can't c&p with Firefox for some reason, so can't post the links to the Amazon pages for her.  But she's awesome.

lostangel8
by Member on Mar. 4, 2009 at 11:16 PM

I'm going to have to check that out!!!!!!

high five

Quoting jessilin79:

Definitely hit my favorite blog:  www.feministing.com

Also, any of the books by the editor of that blog, Jessica Valenti, are worth a read.  I believe they are called Full Frontal Feminism, and She's a Slut, He's a Stud (and 49 other double standards). Something along those lines.  Sorry, can't c&p with Firefox for some reason, so can't post the links to the Amazon pages for her.  But she's awesome.

ocpyropunkmom
by Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:16 AM

My browser would not let me paste the link, so I just am going to type it in.  This is a great blog done by one of my daughter's women studies professors.  It also has links ato a lot of other feminist blogs.

http://professorwhatif.wordpress.com

feministmama
by Member on Mar. 11, 2009 at 12:47 AM

I second this.  I love both of those books and feministing.com!

A few of my favorite sites:

Bitch Magazine

Moms Rising

Barbara Ehrenreich

I also have recently discovered the amazing Kate Harding.

Quoting jessilin79:

Definitely hit my favorite blog: www.feministing.com

Also, any of the books by the editor of that blog, Jessica Valenti, are worth a read. I believe they are called Full Frontal Feminism, and She's a Slut, He's a Stud (and 49 other double standards). Something along those lines. Sorry, can't c&p with Firefox for some reason, so can't post the links to the Amazon pages for her. But she's awesome.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)