Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why women who get raped allow themselves to GET pregnant...

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 1265 Total Views

OOOOOOOO i am so fuming! Some bitch in the newcummers actually said this! The fact that she is a mother is scary. Can u say hypocrite? This is a major slap in the face/FUCK U to rape victims and those who were the product of rape! 8 yrs ago i was raped and fortunate enough to take the plan b pill. I so badly wanna stoop to her level and rip her a new 1! Ive written her a message, havent sent it. I dont wanna get kicked outta cm, but some1 has to set this bitch straight!

The thing that I don't understand is...why women who get raped allow themselves to GET pregnant. There are ways to PREVENT pregnancy if you're raped. It's a little thing called the MORNING AFTER PILL. You take it before you even have the chance to beome pregnant so there is no way on God's green earth that it can be considered abortion.

And you adopting a little girl who was raped by her own father at 2 has nothing to do with keeping a child who is a product of rape. I don't care WHAT you or anyone else says, but there will always be some sort of resentment toward a child who is a product of rape. There is just no reason to have that child. No reason to even LET that create a child.

Vampiress.gif picture by ladiesnightbysarah

by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
dhsredhead
by Group Owner on Aug. 2, 2009 at 7:46 PM

That's really horrible. I think of course that some women can't help but get pregnant following a rape because they are not given the option of plan b, don't know about it, could not access it at their pharamacy or took it and became pregnant anyways. Also I can understand how some victims would be so confused after a rape not to even consider options like plan b (I can raise my own hand at this one, I couldn't even allow myself to process the concept that I was raped until years afterwards). 

feministmama
by Member on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Um, there was no morning after pill when I was raped.  In addition to that, I can't take hormonal birth control and that's basically the same stuff that's in the morning after pill, so that couldn't be an option for me even if I wanted it to be.  Also, I do know someone who is raising her child, the product of rape and is an amazing mother and does not ever take anything out on her child because of the way she was concieved. 

LittleGuyAlex
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:31 PM

I like how she says "there are WAYS to PREVENT pregnancy if raped.." I thought there was only one way....the morning after pill. You can't stop the guy who is trying to rape you to throw a condom on him....

Also...when someone gets raped and should become pregnant, I think MOST women think about all options before keeping or not keeping it. One being...."am I going to hold this situation against this child for the rest of his/her life..."

DaniJones86
by on Aug. 2, 2009 at 10:35 PM

How rude and inconsiderate. I don't see me ever taking the morning after pill (after I learned about it I gave them back to the health unit that gave them to me with my birthcontrol) Like really? was this lady really serious? I wouldn't allow myself to get pregnant but if it were to happen who am I to say it wasn't meant to be for me to have this child? It will never be the childs fault as to what happened that night. So why hold it against him./her? MHO please don't bash me for it

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

Group admin. Young Old School Momma's

If you are young and like to keep things old School with the way you raise your children then come join our group.

mamakrysoftwo
by on Feb. 17, 2010 at 11:33 AM

I would take the plan B but she shouldn't be running her mouth if she doesn't know the situation.  Send the letter.  Better yet post to the group.

VallesAvallonis
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM

By saying what she said, she put the blame from the rapist to the person who was raped. Isn't the point of feminism to care for every woman regardless of situation? At least that's what I took away from it. We are all in this life together, and we should be helping, not hindering and bashing women even if what we think is silly. By attacking other women, and not stopping to empathize and put ourselves in their shoes, we are setting feminism back.

I'm extremely frustrated by this post, just like several other women are. Plan B is not always an option, neither is birth control, or abortion. What happened to the woman having a CHOICE to carry the child to term, and who is to say that children who are products of rape will not be loved and care for in the same manner? Adoption is also an option. Wow... as much as I've written, I'm still quit speechless. How could someone be so cold and heartless? Does this person not realize that even if she had been on birth control, it doesn't always work, or did that little tidbit of information slip her memory?

Imamom4sure
by Member on Mar. 2, 2010 at 1:55 AM

I agree with everyone, and I want to add

many rape victims are chldren who are being molested and dont get help, or are woman who are so traumatized and freaked by the rape that they don't report or get help until after months of processing it. 

very heartless lack of empathy and compassion

I totally understand why your upset

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN