Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, who are you?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 1:38 AM
  • 102 Replies
  • 3485 Total Views
HI my name is Betsy, Im 25 with a 15 month old baby girl. 
Once your comfortable, Introduce your self!  Add Photos of you or your kiddos if you want!
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aznemesis
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2007 at 5:48 AM

Hey!  I was thrilled to see this group.  I hope it takes off.  If nothing else, at least we've found each other, huh?

Anyway,  my name is Kim.  I'm the 25-year-old mom of 2:  a 14-yr-old daughter and a 6-yr-old son.  Sophie is a freshman in high school and a "gifted" student.  She's a complete tomboy (this is the only picture I have of her with her hair done--and she hates it) and into the punk scene, just like mom & dad.  Valor is an incredibly intelligent boy with autism.  I've been married for 15 years to an incredible guy.  He's the kind of supportive, pro-female man who I thought could never actually exist.  I'm truly blessed in that sense.

Rigth now, I'm primarily a stay-at-home mom.  I also go to school, but taking care of Valor requires a lot of time, so going to school and working outside the home just isn't possible.  So, yes, a feminist housewife, indeed.

Other than my family, though, politics are my main passion--specifically, leftist politics.  Feminism has been the motivating force in my life since I was a teenager.  I was raised very conservatively in an old Mormon family.  Needless to say, I rebelled against that.

Besides that, my interests are primarily punk/hardcore music, "cult" TV shows with strong women and reading.  Most of my library consists of feminist writers--everyone from Mary Wollstonecraft and Emma Goldman to Susan Faludi and Mary Daly.

Sophia                                  Valor

tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 6, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Nice to meet you! Im glad you found us!  I hope this group takes off too!
ammasmama
by Member on Apr. 6, 2007 at 2:01 PM
hey betsy, it's me! uh, yeah. i guess i'm a feminist housewife... i don't know what to say about that....but here i am...
OliviasMommie
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 2:17 PM
Hey I'm Susanne, housewife extradonnaire LOL! I am a former US Marine, now a practicing Buddhist, and I have a 4.5 month old girl, Olivia.

Thursdaynext
by New Member on Apr. 9, 2007 at 12:32 AM
Hey I'm Janette,

I'm a 35 year old mother of two and domestic technician. I have one boy who is 5 and a daughter who is 3.  My mother was Engineer in a time women were discuraged from working and engineering. 

I couldn't image not being valued in society for who I was or being manipulated as a pawn. 

One of my focuses of my parenting involves teaching my children to find what they want to do or who they want to play with on what they enjoy, not based on their respective genders.

(BTW my husband is jealous I get to stay home with the kids.  If I could make more he would totally change jobs with me.)
Artemnesia
by on Apr. 10, 2007 at 7:57 PM
Hello, my name is Erin and I'm new to cafemom (or MamaSpace, as I've taken to calling it).  I'm 31 and my daughter Lilah is 5 months old.  I'm somewhat of a clown (or I try to be) and I'm looking forward to chatting with all you feminist mamas.
tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM
Good I need more goofballs to crack up with!
ReikiMom
by New Member on Apr. 11, 2007 at 8:27 PM
I'm Suzy, 45 years old, and mom to 18-year-old Tu and 15-year-old Lane.  I was widowed young, and am the sole breadwinner of my household (although Tu just got a job, which will help me out a bit).  As a working woman and mom of 2 daughters, you bet I'm a feminist!!

I'm a statistical programmer, ordained minister, and Reiki master.

Peace and Blessings,
Suzy
tuff_as_snails
by Group Admin on Apr. 11, 2007 at 10:18 PM
Rock on mama! Good to have another strong female presence!
40isfun
by on Apr. 12, 2007 at 11:17 AM
Hello!  I'm Christi.  I'm the 41 year old mother of 5!  Three of our children are from previous marriages and 2 are from our current marriage.

Both my husband and I work for ourselves.  It's alot of work but it's worth it!

I look forward to getting to know all of you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN