Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello, who are you?

HI my name is Betsy, Im 25 with a 15 month old baby girl. 
Once your comfortable, Introduce your self!  Add Photos of you or your kiddos if you want!
by on Apr. 6, 2007 at 1:38 AM
Replies (101-102):
MsPinetree
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:33 PM

I meant this as a response to someone else's post, but I am new and think I did it wrong...

I know what you mean by the "excited ot have a transgender kid"  I think of all ofthe people who are LBGTQ and had horrible experiences with their families who are supposed to love and support them and know that I would without a moments hesitation or a blink of the eye be there for them... I don't "wish" any sexual/gender preference on anybody... just that they are able to be who they are... maybe it's that I would be excited to be able to give a child or young adult a positive response if they WERE.  As it is I get weird looks when I say things to my boys like "when you grow up you could be a dentist or a doctor or a firefighter, or an artist or maybe a daddy who stays at home with his kids and if you have a husband or wife maybe they will work..." and peopel are like "what did you just say?"  I think it is weirder to be weirded out by that then to just freakin grow up and let your children know you are there 100%.

MsPinetree
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quoting pastiepants:

Hey folks!  I'm Sammy, a 21 year old student who just found out she was pregnant (7 weeks as of today).  I am about to end a three year relationship with the father who has started making demands and am going to become a single mother by choice.  On my campus I have a reputation for being the crazy radical feninist and a friend even joked that I would be the only person to ever get excited if the baby was born transgender.  All in all I am excited to have a baby that I can raise without gender bias and am stoked to be apart of this amazing group!!!

I replied to you but messed up and i think it just went ot the regular thread.  I was responding to your "...excited if the baby was born transgender"  comment, which made me giggle, because I weird people out with that kind of attitude too. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)