Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone start indexing?

Posted by   + Show Post

I got lost on Ancestry looking at the census images that I almost forgot about the Familysearch indexing.  I've done 10 batches of the Delaware Census, went back to get more and there wasn't anymore batches for Delaware, so that state is close to being complete (it has to go through arbitration, but still seems like the state was done quickly).  Moving on to Colorado.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Replies (11-14):
LilyPondOasis
by Genealogist on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:28 PM

Oh gosh! I don't think I could have the patience to index. Sounds interesting though.

I know many appreciate the efforts all of you take to do so!

Thanks!

Raesreppilf
by Genealogist- GA on Apr. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM

I just love looking into the lives of all the people.  While indexing the 1940 census I've often wondered if the young man I just indexed fought in WWII and if he made it out safely or not  I haven't looked further into anyone's life yet, but I won't rule out that option.  

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Oh gosh! I don't think I could have the patience to index. Sounds interesting though.

Thanks!

VanBurren
by Genealogist on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:06 AM

This is how I feel about working on the census, too.....it's so fascinating to me!  And I'm obsessed with names, so I love looking at all the different names.

Quoting Raesreppilf:

I just love looking into the lives of all the people.  While indexing the 1940 census I've often wondered if the young man I just indexed fought in WWII and if he made it out safely or not  I haven't looked further into anyone's life yet, but I won't rule out that option.  

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Thanks!

mynameismuerte
by Genealogist on Apr. 20, 2012 at 11:26 PM
I am so annoyed that for 2 solid days I've been unable to access the indexing. They know there I an issue but it's taking them forever to fix it, lol. I think I have indexed over 2k names so far.

I was really hoping to index at least 1 batch from each state but if they don't get this fixed soon it won't happen. *sigh*

Quoting Raesreppilf:

I guess they are planning on giving away an Ipad this week.  They will take the top 10% of the indexers for the week and randomly draw a name.  I don't think I will be anywhere near the top 10% so I'm glad I already have an Ipad, lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN