Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome Back Girls

Posted by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 183 Total Views

Wow, what a week! I hope everyone is safe and rested. If ever there is a hiccup on CM in the future, you can always follow my Facebook fan page, https://www.facebook.com/DawnsDelightsArt- I post mostly scrapbooking links, Genealogy info, and giveaways. 

I do post more on there than on CM. 

by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Raesreppilf
by Genealogist- GA on Nov. 5, 2012 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

It's nice to be back.  Didn't realize how much time I spend on CM until it was gone.  They could have stayed down until Wednesday just to avoid the political posts, but I can try to avoid those.

How is everyone's genealogy coming along?  I haven't had much time to work on mine.  I have been trying to connect with some of my DNA connections.  I've been trying to track a branch of my family that came to Pennsylvania around 1719.  I wonder if some of the unknown DNA links might come from descendants from that family.  

Hope everyone is doing well and hoping we can get some activity on this board again.  

LilyPondOasis
by Genealogist on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi everyone! 

Nice to be back for sure. I was on the Face Book checking for updates from Robin and Steph. So sad for those affected and still displaced by the storm. 

I've not checked anything with my family in a long time now. My one cousin up north has moved again and has her genealogy things packed away so she cannot tell me much about our Great grandfather's side at all. I still think we're not related to the one family she thinks we're linked to,  being other's with his last name lived in the same area, I just do not know.

She could not find her Grandfather's birth certificate where it had my Great Gpas name and he is her great great Gpa. So I've not done any digging online. I know he was married before, and Samantha Hale was his second wife, and step Mom to a few kids. 

Oh its all so confusing for me, still. 

LilyPondOasis
by Genealogist on Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:17 PM

Hope you can find some family from that time frame.

How cool to have done the DNA to find connections. Perhaps you will find some info. from that area that matches up? Good luck.

If I had the money I would do that testing -- 

My sister says all of our families had to come over on one of those boats, and of course we're related to those whom landed here from the Mayflower or one of her flagships. They all left their countries over there, lived in Europe a while and then came over on the boat.

MANY were lucky to have even survived the boat ride over, its not like the boats back then were some luxury cruise liner! LOL Sheesh! 

Good luck in your searching -- I hope the group picks up as well! 

Quoting Raesreppilf:

It's nice to be back.  Didn't realize how much time I spend on CM until it was gone.  They could have stayed down until Wednesday just to avoid the political posts, but I can try to avoid those.

How is everyone's genealogy coming along?  I haven't had much time to work on mine.  I have been trying to connect with some of my DNA connections.  I've been trying to track a branch of my family that came to Pennsylvania around 1719.  I wonder if some of the unknown DNA links might come from descendants from that family.  

Hope everyone is doing well and hoping we can get some activity on this board again.  

DawnPratt23
by Genealogist-GO on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:06 PM

I too am trying to avoid the political posts. Makes my time on CM miserable. :( 

The DNA sounds like fun! I know that Ancestry hasn't shared much with us bloggers yet, just a little tid bits here and there. I can't wait til they release all of the details to us. Keep us updated on the process, I know that the DNA is also being used for medical uses, heart decease and such. 

We do need to get this group active, anything you want let me know :)

Quoting Raesreppilf:

DawnPratt23
by Genealogist-GO on Nov. 5, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Lily, did you get my facebook email? Someone has a screen name of LilyPond on FB CM group, so I sent them( hoping it was you) an invite :) 

Around when was your Great Grandfather born? Have you tried FamilySearch.org

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Hi everyone! 

Nice to be back for sure. I was on the Face Book checking for updates from Robin and Steph. So sad for those affected and still displaced by the storm. 

I've not checked anything with my family in a long time now. My one cousin up north has moved again and has her genealogy things packed away so she cannot tell me much about our Great grandfather's side at all. I still think we're not related to the one family she thinks we're linked to,  being other's with his last name lived in the same area, I just do not know.

She could not find her Grandfather's birth certificate where it had my Great Gpas name and he is her great great Gpa. So I've not done any digging online. I know he was married before, and Samantha Hale was his second wife, and step Mom to a few kids. 

LilyPondOasis
by Genealogist on Nov. 7, 2012 at 9:36 AM

Hi Dawn -- I did not get the invite! I wonder why. OH wait -- I saw a message right when I was logging out.... I will go back to it! DUH! LOL 

I am on the CM facebook page and friends with Robin and Beth on there. Hmmmm.. I just sent you a message on there. 

Quoting DawnPratt23:

Lily, did you get my facebook email? Someone has a screen name of LilyPond on FB CM group, so I sent them( hoping it was you) an invite :) 

Around when was your Great Grandfather born? Have you tried FamilySearch.org

Quoting LilyPondOasis:

Hi everyone! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)