• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's in YOUR Pascha Basket?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 363 Total Views

Just for fun...I thought we could all share what we put in our Pascha basket (if you do it). This is the first year that I have been motivated enough to try and put one together (I have been either pregnant or nursing for the past four years!!!). This year, I'm going for it :) Bringing the girls to the midnight Pascha service and praying that they make it through all the way...

Anyway, in my basket: Paska bread, chocolate eggs, wine, red eggs, cheese, sausages, salt, butter shaped as a lamb, and the cabbage horshradish.  

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Lauren486
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 4:27 PM

Fun post!  I'm excited to see what others' pack!  

I just had a baby so she and I won't be making it to the midnight service =(. It is literally the first one in my life I will miss.  Our priest did invite us to the Pascha afternoon service though, so we are going to try to make that.  I have also always been at the same church surrounded by family and close friends. I'm so used to their traditions that it will be interesting (and admittedly a little scary) to immerse ourselves in new traditions.  Back home everybody stays after the midnight service and feasts together. I love it! Here, they bless the baskets after the midnight service but then eat after the afternoon service.  As far as bringing kids, I've only had my infant/toddler daughter the past few years, but we always bring a couple of blankets and allow her to sleep on the pew. Our new church removes all pews for Pascha so I'm not sure what we'd do here.  

Anyway, on to the basket...

Polish sausage, ham, bread, Pascha cheese, eggs, broccoli cauliflower salad (with lots of bacon), and wine

Syra3.14159
by Bronze Member on Apr. 7, 2010 at 11:22 AM

Our hostess made a basket of things to bless for our breakfast.  We were traveling so we didn't really do one for ourselves.  I knew we wouldn't be able to store the left overs.  We did put some vodka in to help us break our fast with the meat.

Usually our basket has chocolates, devonshire cream, crossaints, cherry jelly, summer sassage and some cheese.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)